Acoustic Research Pro Series Interconnects Speaker Cables

4.4/5 (25 Reviews) MSRP : $20.00

Directional, Balanced-line oxygen-free copper cable with precision machined gold-plated connectors Aluminized Mylar shield overlaps for 100% coverage to eliminate RFI caused distortion

Submitted by kidmichel a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 24, 2003

Bottom Line:
I have just bought some proseries 2 audio cables for connecting my dvd player to the amp. I immediately noticed that they gave more detail, a better image, a warmer sound, the soundstage improved, i also could turn the voulume up and it didn´t distorted like the old box cables or sony cables i used, i didn´t think they could improve my system so much. They beat easily monster cable interlink 300. Excellent cables for the price.

Purchased At:   Hi fi club

Submitted by Mike a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 2, 2002

Bottom Line:
I purchased a pair of these a year ago to connect my cd player to my integrated amp. I had been like many others highly skeptical on the benefits of expensive interconnects. These made a substancial inprovement in the sound of my cds bringing out little things I had never heard before an adding clarity that was not there before also. These made me wonder if a more expensive pair of cables would make even more of an improvement. so I purchased a pair of Better Cables Silver Serpent cables. I my self found the Silver Serpent cables to be to reveling, bringing out back ground sounds to much and drowning out the main part of the music. So I went back to the ARs, and to my tastes find them to be better than the Silver Serpents and alot cheaper. For the price you can purchase these cables they are a great buy.

Submitted by Joe Antonie a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 30, 2001

Bottom Line:
I am of the opinion that high end interconnects are generally a waste of money and are essentially jewelry for one's system. That being said, I also think the basic connector cables that come free with your components are of poor quality. Found interference with one set and a short in another(radioshack)prior to getting these. The construction of the AR is solid and tight fitting. So far I am very pleased. I purchased an AV set that came with an S-video cable and one pair of audio interconnects. These seem to be of equal quality to the Monster Cable at a cheaper price without all of the confusion of their multiple line choices, which is staggering. Sound quality is marginally better, but I feel much better knowing that interference and connections are good. Better than I expected. I would recommend these interconnects to those users who want to upgrade to decent quality with out a high price. An excellent bargin.

Purchased At:   BestBuy

Submitted by luke k a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 3, 2001

Bottom Line:
i wasnt sure when people talked about how different cables can effect sound... right after i was done with connecting my new cables (interconnects, toslink, coaxial all AR) to my system i found out that everything sounded.... duller. it could be my ears. it could be me being paranoid. i am letting all my equipment run constantly to "break in" these cables for about a week or two to see whatll happen. one thing i hate is the tight grip of those cable ends on my equipment. it makes me feel like i will rip the rear panel apart every time i try to switch things around.
so far, i like what i see. they look better than those crappy cables (grrr) i used to use. ill have to wait to see if the sound quality will improve at all.
equiptment list:
sony mds je500
hk cdr30
sony dvp c600d
sony cdp cd415
sony cdp cx151
sony str de705 (will be replaced by outlaw 950/770 when they come out)

Purchased At:   ac4l.com

Submitted by Rob a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 23, 2001

Bottom Line:
I bought these interconnects because of a good review in Home Theatre Magazine. I connected them between my Arcam Alpha 7 CD Player, and my NAD 3240PE amp. I regularily use Wireworld Oasis for this connection. The AR's are warmer sounding than the Oasis, but not as bright and "airy" sounding. I would recommend these cables to someone who has an overly bright sounding system. They will really calm that situation down. A well balanced, good sounding interconnect.

Purchased At:   Futureshop