Acoustic Research AP091 Speaker Cables

4.67/5 (3 Reviews) MSRP : $35.00

Acoustic Research Performance Component Video Cable - AP091/ Gold-Plated Connectors/ 6 Foot Length

Submitted by drsilence a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 15, 2002

Bottom Line:
I had a Monster S-cable and decided to try out A.C.'s component cable and there was little difference. Not much, but a positive difference. I imagine that the Monster component cable is better, but I wasn't planning on spending $50-70 on a component cable for my Toshiba 20" flat screen t.v.

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by Parasound a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 23, 2002

Bottom Line:
I bought these with the purchase of my first DVD player (a Panasonic RV-31). I have this hooked up to a JVC AV-27802. All I can say is that the picture off this TV, IMHO is more vivid, more natural, just more pleasing than my friends Wega/Monstercable setup. These cables cost 35 bucks. I also looked at the monster, but there was no way in hell that I was going to throw down 90 bucks for a 180 dollar DVD player especially not at the same time, so picked up these instead. I could not be happier. I cannot imagine that there can be a better picture with the monsters compared to the AR. At least thats what I think as what I have seen on the Wega/monster/Sony DVD. I payed a LOT less and think i have a better picture! Excellent product!

Purchased At:   The Wiz

Submitted by Jim a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: December 24, 2001

Bottom Line:
I wanted to connect my (wife's) new DVD player to our Sony Wega. Since both the DVD and the Sony had digital composite plugs I went that route verse S-video or RCA analog.

Make sure they are seated at both units as I did not get one plug seated properly at first and had bad color, my mistake not the plugs.

The digital picture on the Sony is breath taking. It would have been a waste if I had not gone with these plugs.

These are solid plugs. May also be the cheapest.

Purchased At:   Best Buy