Ultimate Cables Silver Series C4 Power Cord
Description: Power cord.

Submitted by George Stewart a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 23, 2007

Bottom Line:
Although I was already using very good high-end cords in my heavily tweaked system, I decided to replace them, hoping to deal with a slight treble etchiness experience tells me relates to power cords, especially to my power amps.
I'm not sure how I became aware of Canadian company Ultimate Cables, but on the bases of the information on their website and email conversations with their Carl Barbieri ( and their very low prices) I decided to audition a pair for my 250w monoblocks. However, for $90 each I really didn't expect much, and figured I would probably pass them on to my son.
Well, I'm not passing them on. In fact, I'm going to get more. They are actually the best power cables I have ever used ( I have used a lot of them), and in particular I'm looking forward to what one will do for my preamp.
In character, they exceptionally smooth, dynamic, extended, and detailed, with a black noise floor.
What a pleasure when one finds a true high-end product at a really affordable price. Manufacturers such as Ultimate Cable deserve our support.

Purchased At:   direct