Audio Horizons ComponentPlus Premium AC Power Cord Power Cables

This 2 meter, 14 AWG, low noise, rapid transfer, high Q power cord is comprised of three independently and individually shielded wires to reduce EMI or RFI noise and to enhance the purity of the power transfer. The very best dielectrics—air and Teflon—are used to insure the absolutely lowest transfer losses and in order to insure the quietest power transfer noise. The 14 AWG wire is designed to handle 1000 watts RMS, two to ten times the power load they will see. The wire’s capacitance has been matched to achieve the highest Q, and to maximize the superior dielectric of air and Teflon. Only Wattgate plugs are used utilizing a 3 point mounting system to provide a more secure and durable connection between the wires and the plug. Gold plated plug blades will not tarnish and insure excellent long term conductivity. Finally, the conductive wire is surrounded by an insulated filler to enhance quietness during peak power demands. The result of this thoughtful design is an AC cord that will yield excellent tonal balance and sonic coherence. The signal yielded by the component is much more controlled and will show up as tighter, more impactful bass, a more relaxed midrange, and in reduced high frequency noise from the AC power source or a nearby appliance or computer.

Submitted by cedar a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 23, 2005

Bottom Line:
I discovered the Audio Horizons power cord as I sought to move up from less capable cords that came with my monoblock amplifiers. After a brief break-in (about 10 hours), the improvement in my system's sound was obvious and sustained. After 20 hours, the improvement was so pleasing I bought more of the power cords for my other components (transport, DAC, line preamp, phono preamp).
The improvements spanned the entire audio frequency range: tighter, more controlled, and punchier bass; detailed, clear and delicate mid/hi frequencies.
The construction quality of the these power cords is impressive, too. The connectors are durable with seamless wire connections. The wire and insulating sleeve are quite flexible, which makes it easy to use in tight or hard to reach spaces.

Purchased At:   Audio Horizons

Submitted by michael_gamecock a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 22, 2005

Bottom Line:
I have had a chance now to get a real handle on the ComponentPlus Premium AC Power Cords and Series X interconnects. Let me come right to the point, both products are outstanding. My first experience with Joseph Chow's cables was the Premium AC Power Cord. I had purchased one as part of an upgrade package for my vintage Kenwood L-01T tuner. I thought that both the upgraded tuner itself and the power cord were outstanding sonically. I decided to order a pair for my Pass Labs XA-160 power amps. Much to my surprise, they sounded every bit as good as the Shunyata Anaconda Alphas that I was using; so good in fact that I quickly sold the Alphas. The difference in cost is not insignificant- the Alpha is $2000 versus $195 for the Audio Horizons Premium AC Power Cord. I truly believe that in this age of over-hyped cable claims, that the Audio Horizons ComponentPlus Premium AC Power Cord represents a true bargain. It offers superior performance at a real world price.
I had a similar experience with Joseph Chow's Series X Interconnect. I compared it with my Transparent Reference MM interconnects in my system. In absolute terms, I found the Transparent cables to be a touch more refined. But at $6800 per meter pair versus $195 for Joseph's, I simply could not justify the extra expense. In a blind listening test, I'm not sure I could easily distinguish between the two. I plan to sell the Transparent interconnects and purchase Joseph's for my entire system.
In short, Joseph's cables are a serious attack on the state of the art, and all at real world prices. With his home trial program, there is absolutely no good reason not to give them a listen. Potential customers can get the fine sound they seek and save a lot of their hard earned money in the process.
Joseph also upgraded a vintage Kenwood L-01A integrated amplifier for me. I compared it to my reference First Sound Paramount SE preamp and Pass Labs XA-160 amps. No, the upgraded Kenwood didn't sound better than my $34,000 reference combo, but neither was it embarassed in the comparison. Once again, this is a true testament to Joseph's abilities. In fact, I have commissioned Joseph to build me a pair of statement tube mono amps. Now that will be an interesting comparison.

Purchased At:   Factory Direct

Submitted by Drte a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 22, 2005

Bottom Line:
After over 20 years in audio and trying an endless number of high end power cords, some costing many times the cost of these, I have finally found one that does not color the sound. The Audio Horizon Premium Power Cord allows each preamp, power amp, CD player, etc. to perform to its designed potential. It maximizes each component's pferformance. The effect is quite dramatic. Be prepared to hear the clarity and the power of your equipment. I have sold off all my other high end power cords and replaced them with the Audio Horizon Power Cord, and had enough money left over from the difference in price to upgrade my audio components.

Purchased At:   Factory Direct

Audio Horizons ComponentPlus Premium AC Power Cord

Hello, We have raised the price of the Premium AC Power Cord from $175 to $195. Would you please change the price listed? Thank you. Victor ComercheroRead More »

CSB 1206 BLK: