unknown Live Mk 1 - High Performance Audio Interconnect Cable
Description: The Live Mk 1 - High Performance Audio Interconnect is an absolute superior cable when it comes to accurate and time coherent transfer of the audio signal.

Submitted by Like Audio a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 1, 2009

Bottom Line:
Achievum Cables – Live Mk 1 audio interconnect cable

The Live Mk 1 was a super investment into high-end hi-fi. Before I have always put greatest focus on the speaker cable, as far as hi-fi cables are concerned. With a great local hifi dealer I had the opportunity to try several of the renowned cost-no-limit interconnect cable brands at home, so I thought that some testing would not hurt.

To my great surprise, I was not impressed with Nordost Valhalla or the Analysis plus silver oval interconnects. (I later found out that neither of them offered the actual “silver” cables they proclaim, which is a disappointment at that price. In fact they did little to improve on the “shoelace” freebie interconnects I used as comparison).

When returning the cables to the hifi dealer and presenting my findings, I was convinced into testing his own personal favourites Acoustic Zen (Silver Reference) and Achievum Cables (Live Mk 1).

After having both Acoustic Zen and Achievum Cables installed back and forth over extended period of time, I found that Live Mk 1 gave the stereo image more overall depth and a breathtaking placement and intimacy of instruments and vocals.

When I additionally found out that they only cost a fraction of the other high-end cables, Live Mk 1 was installed in my system for good.

Product model year:   2008