unknown My Audio Design - MAD Diamond Signature Interconnect
Description: Owning a pair of My Diamond Signature could be likened to receiving a prestigious honour. Her tonal beauty manifests itself through your system, creating a glamorously royal sound. It’s so good, it puts many so-called high-end cables into the Hall of Shame. <br> <br>Diamond Signature is superior in all areas compared to other similar commercially available interconnects. We think it’s as good as, or better than, even some very exotic designs - cables that sometimes cost many thousands of pounds. Plug her into your system, and she will take you to her heavenly realm. You’ll hear a more accurate, spacious and coherent soundstage, with clearer detail. Vocals sound Fullbodied, with perfect high notes and no harshness. Bass is weighty, ultra clean, and very articulate. Soundstaging is remarkable, with highly focused and precise imaging. It’s an illusion – but one so natural it seems absolutely real. <br> <br>

Submitted by hifisuperfreak a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 29, 2009

Bottom Line:
I heard a lot of good things about MAD (My Audio Design) before I bought this cable, in fact I read an excellent review from the Hi Fi+. Yes, they are too good. Although it's only had 8 hours to 'burn in', it is already very apparent that this is an exceptional cable. How exceptional?

In the past I owned quite a few of silver cables, these include Audio Note Sogon, Kimber KCAG, Crystal Cable Reference, Stereovox, Neotech and the Cryo Reference from Missing Link. They all sounded fabulous but I've never been impressed enough overall to keep them. As you can expect, they've all sounded detailed, transparent with impressive high frequency reproduction but they all appealed to the intellect rather than the emotion of the music. As a consequent I've always gone back to copper cables- preferring it's warmth, and the Audioquest Niagrara was my best accompaniet for about a year.

It strikes me vividly that the Diamond Signature does everything that a silver cable should do but without sacrificing that all important visceral quality of good copper cables. it doesn't sound clinical like any other of the above mentioned. It is a cable witout it's own signature, I really mean that! With this cable, I can hear the most beautiful vocal voice with the most open and accurate treble & bass with well balance, and great cohenrence. This MAD cable is so fast and transparent, it makes everything sound so real! Without doubt, this is the best upgrade I had for the last 4 years.

Product model year:   2008