Kimber Kable PBJ Interconnect Cables

3.77/5 (100 Reviews) MSRP : $78.00

(See reviews)

Submitted by Bobby S. a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 30, 2013

Bottom Line:
Sorry fellows this cable does not live up to the hype. This is the most constricted, thinnest, and absent of truly low bass that I heard.Build quaility left a lot to be desired. the rca connector is quite flimsy. you could crush it by just a moderate amount of squeezing After 2 wks. of break-in I gladly sold them. The Radio Shack golden ends and yes the Monster Cable 400 i,and 550 and (Ixos 1014 or 1004 show how to build a twisted pr.interconnect) and MIT Terminator 3 stomp this thing to death..

All of the above interconnect are far better than the PBJ's. I base this on transparency, full frequency response depth id image and focussing ability (especially the IXOS

Personally I think Kimber Cable was out to make a quick buck with disappointing low
achiever. Yuck!

Submitted by sony_es a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 10, 2007

Bottom Line:
For it's price: this is a bargain! The Kimber PBJ sounds very natural. The HF is extremely clear without harshness. The mid's are upperclass at this price point. The only minor is the LF: this cable doesn't dig deep in the lows. The PBJ sounds fast and there's no smearing. The soundstage is wide and open, almost 3 dimensional. It doesn't make you're sytem warmer or brighter, i find this cable neutral sounding.
I use this cable between my Sony amp and sacd player (new es series) and B&W old 7 series loudspeakers. I have tried many cables (VDH, Nordost, Monster, Ixos) but nothing beats this one. I think....no realy believe there's no better cable out there at this price.

Purchased At:   bought it new at an

Submitted by 4u2hear a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 16, 2004

Bottom Line:
Excellent on vocals: Male and female. Very good micro and macro dynamics. Exceptional soundstaging and creamy smooth midrange. Dynamics helps to liven up dull systems. Compared to Audioquest Ruby the PBJ has a lot less grain and soundstaging is also better. Sounds much more alive and communicative compared to Audioquest Quartz.

Purchased At:   Welborne Labs

Submitted by afrost a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 8, 2004

Bottom Line:
I really love this cable. I have recently compared it to some other cable costing the same price and it was amazing how much better the PBJ sounded. It had way more detail and a much better soundstage. I didn't believe that much in the sound of cables untill I did this recent comparison. I have been doing a lot of critical listening lately because I have been tweaking and upgrading my homebrew Bottlehead vacuum tube preamp. The PBJ really lets you hear the subtle differences when I am tweaking my preamp. I would love to hear Kimber's new Timbre cables. I can't express how much I am enjoying this cable right now except to say that with this other $80 cable I really didn't even like how my system sounded and couldn't listen to music very long. With the Kimber in I LOVE my system and am really proud of the tube preamp I built with my own hands. Kimber is highly recommended.

Purchased At:   audioadvisor

Submitted by A-Audiophile a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 3, 2004

Bottom Line:
Kimber PBJ is most peoples first taste of "high end" cable and they usually try it to replace some monster or factory cables and are really shocked at the improvement...which it is over junk....but for the price save yourself some money and buy Radio Shack Fusion cables, they are much much better than PBJ or even Hero at a true fraction of the cost. PBJ's look nice, cool colors and nice looking braid but thats about it

Purchased At:   store

nordost blueheaven vs kimber pbj,hero

Hi, How does the chord cobra 3, kimber pbj and kimber hero compare to nordost blue heaven interconnect. Is it a major upgrade soundwise. Regards, steve.Read More »

PANAMAX: