Kimber Kable PBJ Interconnect Cables

3.77/5 (101 Reviews) MSRP : $78.00

(See reviews)

Submitted by Mr Bones a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 6, 2017

Bottom Line:
People, if you are looking to buy a pair of entry level interconnects - and your system is fairly revealing - you can't go wrong with these. I don't know if the detractors on here have not-so-revealing systems or had defective cables, but these things trounced other entry level cables I had (Audioquest Turquoise, Monster 400i, MIT Terminator2). They were more revealing, clearer, and made the other cables sound flat and two-dimensional. I now use Kimber Timbres and Zu Wyldes, and really like them both.

Submitted by Bobby S. a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 30, 2013

Bottom Line:
Sorry fellows this cable does not live up to the hype. This is the most constricted, thinnest, and absent of truly low bass that I heard.Build quaility left a lot to be desired. the rca connector is quite flimsy. you could crush it by just a moderate amount of squeezing After 2 wks. of break-in I gladly sold them. The Radio Shack golden ends and yes the Monster Cable 400 i,and 550 and (Ixos 1014 or 1004 show how to build a twisted pr.interconnect) and MIT Terminator 3 stomp this thing to death..

All of the above interconnect are far better than the PBJ's. I base this on transparency, full frequency response depth id image and focussing ability (especially the IXOS

Personally I think Kimber Cable was out to make a quick buck with disappointing low
achiever. Yuck!

Submitted by sony_es a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 10, 2007

Bottom Line:
For it's price: this is a bargain! The Kimber PBJ sounds very natural. The HF is extremely clear without harshness. The mid's are upperclass at this price point. The only minor is the LF: this cable doesn't dig deep in the lows. The PBJ sounds fast and there's no smearing. The soundstage is wide and open, almost 3 dimensional. It doesn't make you're sytem warmer or brighter, i find this cable neutral sounding.
I use this cable between my Sony amp and sacd player (new es series) and B&W old 7 series loudspeakers. I have tried many cables (VDH, Nordost, Monster, Ixos) but nothing beats this one. I think....no realy believe there's no better cable out there at this price.

Purchased At:   bought it new at an

Submitted by 4u2hear a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 16, 2004

Bottom Line:
Excellent on vocals: Male and female. Very good micro and macro dynamics. Exceptional soundstaging and creamy smooth midrange. Dynamics helps to liven up dull systems. Compared to Audioquest Ruby the PBJ has a lot less grain and soundstaging is also better. Sounds much more alive and communicative compared to Audioquest Quartz.

Purchased At:   Welborne Labs

Submitted by afrost a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 8, 2004

Bottom Line:
I really love this cable. I have recently compared it to some other cable costing the same price and it was amazing how much better the PBJ sounded. It had way more detail and a much better soundstage. I didn't believe that much in the sound of cables untill I did this recent comparison. I have been doing a lot of critical listening lately because I have been tweaking and upgrading my homebrew Bottlehead vacuum tube preamp. The PBJ really lets you hear the subtle differences when I am tweaking my preamp. I would love to hear Kimber's new Timbre cables. I can't express how much I am enjoying this cable right now except to say that with this other $80 cable I really didn't even like how my system sounded and couldn't listen to music very long. With the Kimber in I LOVE my system and am really proud of the tube preamp I built with my own hands. Kimber is highly recommended.

Purchased At:   audioadvisor