JPS Labs Superconductor Interconnects Interconnect Cables

4.91/5 (33 Reviews) MSRP : $299.00

(See reviews)

Submitted by Jasper a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 16, 2004

Bottom Line:
JPS Labs Superconductor+ speaker cable and JPS Labs jumpers

There are a lot of ‘Superconductors’ around at JPS Labs. This is about their JPS Labs Single Superconductor+ speakercable. The Superconductor+ is a line of very fine speaker cables cables that is akin to Superconductor2 (for state of the art interconnects) and Superconductor NC (for state of the art speaker cables) The Superconductor+ speaker cables have become an all time ‘classic’ at JPS and are a sort of finished and highly evolved product in their own right with good price versus real high-end quality value. There is the Bi-Wired Superconductor+ (which is an integrated double run of the smaller Petite Superconductor+), and the (bigger) Single Superconductor+, that this review is about. Phew, all rather confusing this, that is why I spell it out for you.

After having this figured out, I decided to give the bigger ‘Singles’ a try in combination with the exactly matching JPS Labs jumpers (for bi-wired speaker connectors; do not use the standard jumpers that come with your to be bi-wired speakers, these usually are horribly sounding plate-jumpers!).
So far I had used Tara Labs’ bi-wired RSC 1000’s that I really liked a lot. Having wired the rest of my system with JPS however, I wanted to give these cables a try as an audiophile always interested in and curious for improvement, well, you know..

- And I am still surprised of what great extra these cables have given my already highly evolved system. Even more high-end now; with a more open, stronger soundstage, depth, better bass contour and definition, and instruments that sound more live than ever out of my great (but oh so revealing and wiring critical..) Zingali’s, while voices are very pleasant and most natural. Tears in your eyes.. And more than once I found myself looking up to see where that piano stands or some other captivating sound catching my attention looking towards my speakers as if there was something else to ‘see’ indeed. Sound flows through the room much more three dimensionally instead of coming from the speakers. Good character these cables while being quite neutral actually, without getting boring however. Actually there is just one word, or two: Good, Very Good. Highly advisable stuff if you want to invest in seriously good and lasting cables: try, and you will probably buy these and are ready so you can concentrate on what comes after: sweet music. These cables are made ‘out of the right wood’ definitely.
Be aware: however these cables come pre-conditioned in high-tech antistatic packing, these also need there time to break in. And however this has not been an unpleasant experience, after a while they get better and better and..
Great fun!

Submitted by AudioJ a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 6, 2002

Bottom Line:
Comparing the interconnects superconductor+ and the new superconductor fx, the + has a more silent background and clarity, while the fx seemed to have slightly better dynamics, speed and crisper transients. Both had smooth mids n good detail. Should definitely be in your shortlist for this price range.

Submitted by TC a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 23, 2001

Bottom Line:
This is for the Superconducter+ interconnect,which is discontinued. The Diamondback and the Ultraconducter are both very good cables. The Superconducter+ is that much better for just a little bit more money.Transparent and full of detail, I can't imagine a better cable for the price.I am certainly not an expert, but this is an excellent bargain on the used market in the $150-250 price range.
Current System: Jolida 1501 amp
DH Labs Q10 speaker cable

Purchased At:   internet closeout

Submitted by Øystein Gullvåg Holter a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: July 10, 2001

Bottom Line:
The superconductors which I bought demo-used in biwired version have served me very well. I enjoy them. I recently compared to Kimber Monocle X, and much as I like Kimber cable (i use an kcag interconnect and two kimber power cords to good effect), this was really no match. The Monocle was perhaps slightly faster and clearer, but the Superconductor outshone it in all other respects - more musical space, full-bodied instruments and voices, less glare and grain, and so on. Obviously one has to move up to more expensive Kimbers to beat the superconductors.
System: a Krell FPB600 that drives a pair of (heavy load) two-way Marton Norwegian speakers (resembling Proac 3.5, modified with magnets etc.) augmented with two REL Strata 3 subs. Sources: Musical Fidelity XLP2 dual mono riaa (hw-19 mk4 player with Clearaudio triquarts parallell arm and Lyra DC pickup)and fcd cd player.

Purchased At:   Audio Art

Submitted by Greg Wilson a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: June 16, 2001

Bottom Line:
This is a review for the NEW JPS Superconductor FX series (The Superconductor+ has been discontinued). I just recieved these cables yesterday. Joe at JPS tells me I'm the FIRST person in the country to recieve them, and I'm absolutly thrilled :)

JPS has been saying for awhile that they understand our dislikes when it came to the super+'s inflexabilty, so they have COMPLETELY designed the FX series to be completely flexable (From my understanding, it's a new compound that has tested even better).

The new FX series interconnect cable feel almost like purple rubber (yes, purple) in your hands, and installed VERY easily into my entertainment center. I odered five 1 meter cables to run from my pre/pro to my amp completing my switchover from Nordost to all JPS, and I couldn't be happier. I fell in love with their Superconductor+ speaker cables a long time ago, and it's taken me a few months to try other cables, and make sure I was going in the right direction. For those that say cables don't make a difference, you've either got no ear, or your equipment isn't of a level that good cabling will make a difference. In my it's made a WORLD of difference. I even switched the original analog cables on my digital cable box (originally Ultracondoctor, then nordost) to Super+'s, and I was AMAZED at how much more open the sound was imediatly. The only thing left with non-superconductors is my VCR, and that's running the Ultra's because I rarely even turn it on anymore.

If you get a chance, and your system is up to it, try these cables against ANYTHING else out there. You will not be dissapointed. My new FX's sound as good today as my 3 month old +'s, so with a couple weeks of run-in, I expect they will be even better.

My current configuration:
TAG McLaren AV32R-EX - Pre/Pro - (Superconductor FX to Amp)
TAG McLaren 100X5R - 5 Channel Amp
TAG McLaren CDT20R-T2L - CD Transport - (Super+ digital)
TAG McLaren T20 - AM/FM Tuner - (Ultraconductor)
Sony DVP-9000ES - DVD/SACD Player - (Super+ digital for DVD, Super+ analong for SACD)
JMLab Electra 905's fronts - (Super+)
JMLab Electra CC30 - Center - (Super+)
JMLab Electra 905's rears - (Monster Z1R)
JMLab Electra SW33A - sub 1 - (UltraLink Platinum sub cable)
Sunfire True Subwoofer Mark II - sub 2 - (UltraLink Platinum sub cable)
Motorola DCT-2000 Digital Cable Box - (Super+ digital and Analog)
Sony KV36XBR400 WEGA (UltraLink Platinum Component Video from DVD, UltraLink Platinum S-Video from AV32R for Digital Cable Box and VCR)
JVC HS3800U SVHS - (UltraConductor In and Out)
AudioPower PowerPack V - Line Conditioner