Cary Audio Design High Definition Interconnect Model 1.0 Interconnect Cables

4.25/5 (4 Reviews)

High Definition Interconnect Model 1.0 Matched 2 meter Pair, Terminated

Submitted by Derek Fichtner a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 24, 2000

Bottom Line:
An EXCELLENT receiver for the money. Don't let the reviews below throw you. Some guy gets pissed and logs on under several different names to throw the ratings. I'd keep this receiver, but got a good deal on 2 bigger Denon's, so I have to let this one go. Make no mistake, this is a good buy for the money. Originally got it because I still use my Onkyo CD player I've had for 10 years. That things been thru 18 moves (lots of moves in college) and it still tracks perfectly. Onkyo stuff is built like a tank.

No hissing sounds on mine. Geesh -- one guy has a problem and he posts all over heck about it.

Submitted by Justin a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 30, 2000

Bottom Line:
I wanted to replace my 3 year old Harman/Kardon Pro Logic receiver with Dolby Digital. I wanted another Harman/Kardon, but the price was just a little too high, so I settled for the Onkyo...BIG MISTAKE. The sound is not even comparable to my old amp. I'm taking it back and paying an extra $100 for the Harman/Kardon.

Submitted by Cedric L. a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: November 9, 1999

Bottom Line:
This is a big-time player without the big-time price. A modest $419 at Sound City. This unit has the bells and whistles of a high end receiver. DTS, Dolby Digital, and Pro Logic decoders performed flawlessly through a few DVD's I tested. The power (70watts x 5) was sufficient even with a fairly large room. Setting up was simple and straight forward, however I can't understand why Onkyo neglected the S-Video output. This is an excellent value for a mid-range priced receiver and would recommend it to anyone.

Submitted by Michael a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 20, 1999

Bottom Line:
WOW, I can say this interconnect is probably one audio's best kept secrets. Cary Audio is not in the wire business, but someone truly has a winner here. The focus is on high end audiophile electronics. Someone slipped up, LOL
This is one of the better interconnects I have tried through the years. Yes I tried Cardas, Monster, AudioQuest, KimberKable, MIT. My choice to date has been X L O, I find this cable to just disappear letting all the music information through in every detail. To find a cable that does so much of the same at a price that seems like an error is GREAT!

If you like to try new things, check out this interconnect, you will not be disappointed. Be sure to take time to burn it in before judging its performance, as you would any high quality product. For a mere $62.50 you bring new life to your system, just like being there!

System:

Speakers: Vandersteen Model IV's

Amps: ARC D-130 & ARC 100.2

Amp, Sub: Adcom 5800

Pre Amp: Yamaha DSP-1000 (I have never heard this sound so good)

Speaker
Cable: X L O Series 5, tri wired

Signal
Source: Pioneer 701 LCD & Merdian 506 CD

I believe there is lots of good sound out there without spending your life's savings. This product excels in that area. TRY IT! YOU WILL LIKE IT! THANKS

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile