AudioQuest Diamondback Interconnect Interconnect Cables

4.79/5 (14 Reviews) MSRP : $74.95

• Store Promotions Shipping Price

Submitted by yiun a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 19, 2007

Bottom Line:
It smoothes the sound and provides a clear soundstage. I am quite satisfied with the overall performacne.

Purchased At:   eBay

Submitted by nottipiglet a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 20, 2007

Bottom Line:
I replaced my Daiyo Digital interconnects with these Diamondbacks because I wanted more detail in the bass. I listen to a lot of classical, and I like to hear all the instruments in their full glory.

The Diamondbacks made quite a difference. It is far more balanced, cleaner and more detailed compared the Daiyo cables. In fact, so much bass came through that I had to plug 2 bass ports of my speakers.

They are very cheap for me because I bought them from a parallel importer who does not have a shopfront. At US$67 a pair, I'm not complaining.

I'm listening too all my CDs over again because they sound much better now.

One drawback of these cables (the newer version) is that the RCA connection is a bit loose when attached to my Marantz amp and CD player.

Purchased At:   Parallel Importer in

Submitted by Levike a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 8, 2005

Bottom Line:
I just received my Diamond Back Interconnects and all I can say is Outstanding.
I use Audioquest for my stereo system but these babies changed my music all over again. It seems like the more you spend on cables the better it becomes.
Now my Denon DCM-380 CD player is sounding like a $1000 player. I love these cables

Purchased At:   MD

Submitted by A-Audiophile a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 10, 2005

Bottom Line:
My system is Aragon 8008BB amp AQ Gibraltar speaker cables, AQ Diamonds IC's Amthem Pre2L pre-amp multiple sources...I will compare these to Kimber all of which I have listened to in my system. Diamonds are a mix between Kimber Hero and Kimber Select..everything comes though but slightly lean on the bottom end its full but not bloated, mids are perfect clarity voices can be heard with ease (no blurr) highs are just a tad sharp even with tubes but not glaring. Soundstage...Hummmm, well I must say Kimber has AQ beat because AQ soundstage is on the flat side 2D as supposed to 3D.

Audio is a hard thing to nail down its always give and take until you find a synergy that works. I like the overall sound of Diamonds better than most every cable I have tried so I will stick with them and play with toe-in and speaker placement.

One thing for sure Dyn's dont lie, so my Dynaudio's will tell me the truth about everything up stream...AQ is a winner, Perfect Surface Copper works so I am sure a few minor tweaks will do the trick.

IMO, Kimber Selects are great but way, way to much...1m of wire should not cost as much as a whole piece of gear...lets put some perspective on this...Radio Shack Fusion cables will take you up into the Kimber $250+ range and beat PBJ hands down.

Submitted by kode3 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 25, 2004

Bottom Line:
Good cable, I use them from my Denon DVD-1600 to my Denon AVR-3805. I have 3 pairs used for DVD-A.

Purchased At:   Magnolia Audio/Video