AudioQuest Copperhead Interconnect Interconnect Cables

3.25/5 (16 Reviews) MSRP : $60.00

Submitted by Joe a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 20, 2014

Bottom Line:
I got. These for 10$ a 1 meter pair , they sound so dull and weird.
Don't recommended ! These sucks guys. Don't. Buy. It
I'm going back to my king cobra ic

Submitted by gperkins151 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 26, 2008

Bottom Line:
I connected my Yamaha CD player to my Onkyo Amplifier for 300 hours straight to burn these cables in. I played a CD designed for this purpose on repeat during this time. Every few days I checked the sound and after about 100 hours the sound stabilized. I had previously used a generic Radio Shack interconnect and then "upgraded" to Monster THX, which was far from a neutral cable. The AQ was recommended by a friend who thought that my bright sounding system would benefit from the warm sound of AQ. He was absolutely right. Unfortunately, the warm, plush sound of AQ never opened up in the treble frequency. They take the idea of smoothing things out too far. It sounded lovely on recording that didn't rely on the treble range too much, but when it came to a solo piano, the tone was clearly muffled, rolled off highs. I called AQ who swore up and down that the cable is neutral, that this muffled sound was coming from my components. So, I went out and bought a Nordost Blue Heaven Interconnect, as they are known for being incredibly neutral, even to a fault. Sure enough, I got a bright, fatiguing sound. So I can only conclude that the AQ is absolutely not a neutral cable. Rather it's an IC that may work well on the brightest systems only. I cannot recommend this product to be honest. In fact, I went back to my old Radio Shack "plain vanilla" Interconnect and the sound is better overall than Monster, Audioquest or Nordost - for my system. The harshness is gone, the bell like tone on the piano is back. It's not perfect, but I can live with it. I honestly could not live with the AQ Copperheads.

Purchased At:   Sound City

Submitted by jgg a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 10, 2007

Bottom Line:
Like a few other reviews, one of my cables has developed an irritating intermittent hum.
Big bummer, need to find out if there is a warranty.

Purchased At:   audio advisor

Submitted by jg a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 10, 2007

Bottom Line:
Big bummer, need to find out if there is a warranty.

Purchased At:   audio advisor

Submitted by Bluepoint Vance a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 25, 2005

Bottom Line:
I purchased two sets of these cables and both of them developed very irritating hums. I moved them around, swapped them out, swapped them in and in each case one of the cables became a hummer. What the hell? How does a interconnect go bad?

Purchased At:   Audio Advisor