Analysis Plus Silver Oval-In 0.5 meter Interconnect Cables

4.5/5 (6 Reviews) MSRP : $455.00

Interconnects built from pure silver, layered over a stabilizing strand of oxygen-free copper, braided into our patented hollow oval geometry. Terminated with WBT-0108 Topline RCA, or balanced XLR connectors.

Submitted by Chad Baures a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 20, 2003

Bottom Line:
All cables sound different if you have a system that can show them off. I've demonstrated this fact many times to myself and my friends in blind trials.

These cables get my highest level of praise. Cables that simply pass the sound from the equipment without adding or subtracting anything from the signal. These cables are extremely detailed yet not harsh nor warm

Submitted by Dale Summers a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: August 3, 2001

Bottom Line:
I had high hopes for these cables as I am very happy with the oval 9 speaker cables and Copper Oval IC's. Overall these are the best silver IC's that I have tried but I find that they tilt the balance too much to the high end for my system. I do find them superior to the Harmonic Tech. Pro Silway II and the Kimber silver cables. In the right system they might be heaven. I really love the Copper Oval IC's though. I guess they just don't cost enough for people to take seriously but they have given me by far the most musical sound that I have heard. They are a touch sweet but very detailed and incredibly coherent. They positively embarass the Harmonic Tech Truth Link for about the same price.

Purchased At:   used

Submitted by Phil Baatz a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 12, 2001

Bottom Line:
Music Lovers,

Rejoice a cable that you do not have to sell your house for that out does the big buck cables makers. I have a read a few reviews where they say the bass is fat, dark mids and rolled off/bright highs.

I say burn-in needed. We must learn that all cables and electronics need a burn in period to sound there best. The better the equipment the more time for burn in.

Please give this cable a try..see www.sterotimes for a great review. This wire is quick, open and fast but it sounds totaly natural.

It you cannot afford the Silver, the copper is a best buy if there ever was one. Stop wasiting your money on over priced off the shelf cables.

Safe some money and buy more music, that is what this hobby is about, the love of music. This cables brings it all home in spades.

Ignore those who say this cable is dull...burn in baby!

Purchased At:   AP

Submitted by Chad B a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: September 27, 2000

Bottom Line:
These are by far the most revealing and nuetral cables I've ever heard, and without any edge at all. I've never like any other silver cable I tried, always sounding edgy and thin, but this cable has none of that.

This cable passes the sound without adding or subtracting anything. The highest praise.

Remember to re-adjust your speakers in your room after trying this or any other new product in your system. If your old cables had more or less bass you will need to move the speaker to compensate. This is completely normal with any equipment change.

Submitted by Manny Martin a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: July 31, 2000

Bottom Line:
Man am I glad my dealer had a return policy. I have been on a hunt to get new interconnects after buying a Sony SACD player (It is great!). I only need one interconnect as I have the new Mark levinson No. 383 Integrated amp. I have been all over the board on prices. I started with copper cables, the JPS Superconductors and then the Cardas Golden Cross (on loan of course, these are way expensive for the sound). There was just something missing and I heard silver was something to try, so I did. I had previously had the Nordost cables, both the blue heaven (agh!) then the red dawn (only slightly better, but way too much at $400 for the sound) I ordered a pair of these Analysis plus cables. Well after a little research I find out they are just silver plated copper, like the Nordost. They do sound better than the Nordost, but they should the are $630! a meter. These are too bright for me and the bass was not as tight as I like so I returned them. I still wanted a pair of pure silver cables, so I tried a little company I read some reviews about called Pure Silver Sound. The cables are ridiculously under priced at $140 a meter, but I figured I would try them based on the reviews here. Well low and behold a discover, price has nothing to do with sound. The quartets were better than all the previous cables. I might try the Silver Oval Ins if my system was bright, but the PSS quartets would probably still be smoother. I lived with the quartets for about 4 months, but I still had the itch (this is a terrible disease, being a audiophile) and found a used pair of Kimber Select 1130 balanced for $700 ($1,125 a 3/4 meter) and re-arranged the audio rack to fit them in. Yes they cost too much, but damn do they sound good. I wish I could try the 1030 single ended, because in short runs I tend to like them better, but no luck finding a pair yet.

Equipment:

Sony SCD-1 super audio cd player
Levinson No. 383 integrated amp
Nova Applause speakers (better than Proac 3.8's)
I am trying the Oval 9's based on the soundstage review. But I may end up with the Pure Silver Sound Octet's if they are even 1/2 as good as their interconnects

The Silver Ovals-Ins get a 4 for sound and a 2 for value, for $630 I expect pure silver. So only a 3 overall

TARA LABS: