Usher X-719
Description: <ul> <li>Sensitivity:88dB 1watt/1m</li> <li>Nominal impedance:8ohms</li> <li>Frequency response:38Hz~20kHz</li> <li>Power handling:80watts</li> <li>Crossover frequencies: 2.0kHz</li> <li>Dimensions(wxdxh):27cmx41cmx40cm</li> </ul>

Submitted by Cooter a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 26, 2006

Bottom Line:
I have had many sets of speakers and searched for a long time thinking I would never find the right one. I found after many years of searching that this speaker (x-719 Usher) and the Refernce 3A Di Cappio I are the best over all sound for the money. I currently am using a B&K PT5 pre-amp and an NAD C372 amp. My main source is a Pioneer Elite SACD/DVD Audio player. I am extremley happy with the over all sound. These speakers have a great bass response very smooth and very fast. The midrange is a little laid back, but still excellent. The highs are beutiful and smooth as well. I listen to all types of music Rock, Country, Electronic, Classic, Hip Hop. These speakers sound best to me when I am listening to female vocalists. Now I know a lot of people would say "daa" to that but they really do even more than classical or eletronic music, which to me are the types of music that normally used to show off a system. I would love to someday purchase the Reference 3A speakers if I could afford them. I think a sooner move for me would be a enry level tube pre-amp like a used conrad Johnson or a unit sold by Antique Sound Lab on audioadivsor for $345. If you are looking for a great speaker at a great price this definitly a good choice.

Purchased At:   Audiogon

Submitted by jk121764 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 5, 2006

Bottom Line:
Previously I've had the Von Schweikert VR-1's monitors which weren't bad but not much bass. So I decided to upgrade to the VR-2's and a local dealer had a demo pair for a fairly good price. When I got to the store he had a pair of Usher's for demo. The reminded me of the Sonus Faber Extremas so I asked to listen to them too.

Unfortunately, I decided to purchase the VR-2's which when I got home did not like the sound at all to make a long story short I was able to purchase the Usher's from a seller locally for a good price. They are phenomenal sounding monitors and at their current price of $1350 still a great deal. They blow away the Von Schweikert VR-1's.

They are a very beefy monitor and the pics make them look smaller than they are so make sure you have the room for them.

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by n.f a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 17, 2006

Bottom Line:
i HAD THE CHANCE TO TRY MANY SPEAKERS FROM THE USHER LINEUP.
ONE THING THAT MUST BE SAID IS THAT THEY ALL OFFER SUPERB PERFORMANCE FOR PRICE.
THE CABINETRY IS TO VERY HIGH STANDARDS JUST LIKE THE SONICS.
I WILL NOT RAMBLE ON WITH A DETAILED REVIEW, IN MY OPINION THESE GET BORING BUT IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A BOOKSHELF SPEAKER IN THE UP TO 2000$ PRICE RANGE, MAKE SURE YOU AUDITION THESE, YOU MOST LIKELY WILL BE PLEASENTLY SURPRISED BY THE PERFORMANCE.
DO NOT EXPECT TO DRIVE THESE WITH 50 WATTS PER CHANNEL TOUGH! THEY THRIVE ON GOOD AMMOUNTS OF WATTAGE FROM A GOOD AMPLIFIER AND WILL SING ACCORDING TO THE ELECTRONICS DRIVING THEM.

Purchased At:   dealer

Submitted by big ruff a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 4, 2005

Bottom Line:
I have owned or listen to large amount of bookshelf speakers(totem model 1,von schweikert vr1,b&w 705 & 805,revel m20 & m22, kef q1, and variuos other speaker lines)I must say that the usher x719 are one of the best sounding speakers on the market they can against the revel m22 & b&w 805's head to head for less than half the price and absolutely kill the von schweikert vr1's in sound quality and appearance mines are black laquer with maple sides when I first saw the 719's I thought they cost more than the b&w's and the revels they look that good I also have matching stands which are every bit of 50lbs each in which I, only have one complaint they are the are extremly heavy bookshelf speakers, about 40lbs each so bring a friend while you look for the best sound location.The bass on these speaker are absolutely incredible they sound like floorstanders. The midrange is smooth with a capital "S" very neutral not to foward or recessed just right and the treble sparkels in the best way.These spaekers image like hell they flat out dissapear and what a soundstage they recreate whatever venue the music was created.I traded in my vr1's and I don't miss them one bit these are much better than these highly touted speakers as far as sound the bass is much fuller as well as deeper the mids are much more neutral the vr1's are very mid oriented speakers to forward for my taste and the highs are not shrill at all like the vr1's are.You can guess I love these speakers I run my rotel 1067 with them I also use a pioneer elite 47 dvd player I have 2 pairs with the beautiful center channel that use in 7.1 surround system(have a pair of totem dreamcatcher for back channels)b&w 675 & def tech supercube 1 subs for bass.When playing 2 channel I run my rotel in bypass mode which cuts out the subs & the dsp for an absolutely terrific sound no need for the subs when have bass like these speakers have.If you don't mind lifting I recommend these speakers 100 percent and at less than $1500 including stands there an absolute steal.