Totem Acoustic Dreamcatcher
Description: <ul> <li>Frequency Response: 57 Hz to 25 kHz ± 3 dB</li> <li>Impedance: 4 ohms</li> <li>Sensitivity: 87.5 dB</li> <li>Woofer: 4"</li> <li>Speaker Terminals: 4-way bi-wireable</li> </ul>

Submitted by Nordberg a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 7, 2009

Bottom Line:
The Dreamcatcher first appealed to me because we wanted a very small speaker that could be placed on the bookshelf. I told my dealer I wanted a speaker with good dynamics having been accustomed to my nearly 20 -year-old Infinity speakers (which I still use in another room) The small Totem did at once sound promising, so I purchased the pair and have generally been very pleased with how they perform! Just recently one of my all-time-favorite records kept me nailed down played through these boxes,The sound is always spacious and satisfyingly coherent, at least when they're nearly against the back wall and placed slightly off-axis (the treble is slightly too strong, so benefits from being attenuated a bit) And the bass -in a recent magazine test it went as low as 50hz (-6db), and indeed it sounds more robust than the size would suggest. It's never boomy, too. Its tone, admittedly, is a bit tense . The fact that the cabinet contains absolutely no damping material at all is a bit dubious, and might contribute to some thinness that there may be in the sound( if you want to be critical) It is well worth the price, though, because the finish is very good , the boxes feel solid and air-proof, the drivers and crossover parts are of decent quality , and it's obvious the crossover is hand-made. I do agree with the advert text that they often take you by a pleasant surprise when you play a record on them.