Polk Audio RT10

Submitted by Drew B a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: December 19, 2001

Bottom Line:
The first post here is from someone who's clueless. These speakers are NOT garbage. (He's either got a horrible setup, bad room or room placement, or a defective pair.) I've combined the RT-10s with a Velodyne sub, and they are absolutely fantastic. Gorgeous imaging, especially with acoustic jazz. Very good for home theatre. There is no way you can do better for less than $1000/pair.

Purchased At:   Specialized audio store

Submitted by Tim a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: September 29, 2001

Bottom Line:
These speakers are garbage. I'm sorry but you can do much better for the price. They are not worth $100 used. They are extremely bright sounding and will give you a headache after 15 minutes of listening. Vocals are very nasal sounding and sibilants are unbearable. I hate to sound like an audio snob here but I'm afraid I really cannot say anything nice about these speakers. Look elsewhere.

Submitted by Adam Frost a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: April 10, 2001

Bottom Line:
well, i bought these speakers when i was 16. i am 23 now and i am still very happy with them. i want to upgrade to paradigm reference or something similar, but for the money these speakers have been great. if you can pick up a pair for less than $400 you are getting a great deal. i will probably never sell these because i can always use them for home theater when i upgrade my music system.

Purchased At:   American TV

Submitted by chris saunders a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 24, 2000

Bottom Line:
I used my polk's to add on to the stereo that i am putting at my computer. They sound good when you turn them up loud but the bass becomes distorted if used too loudly.I replaced two KLH speakers and there was a very noticable difference.

Submitted by Phillip a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 9, 2000

Bottom Line:
I bought these speakers in 1996 from a chain store because they were the best sounding speakers that they had in the price range I could afford at the time. I brought them home, plugged then into my system (Old Kenwood KA-7100 int. amp. and a 10 year old Onkyo CD player, monster cables), and listened happily for 3 years. I recently moved into a new house and was blessed with a room in the basement that has become my listening room/office (lined with acoustic foam which my wife hates but I LOVE). The Onkyo bit the dust so I decided it was time to upgrade. I decided to start with a NAD C540 CD player. I noticed a definite improvement in sound. After a couple months I bought an NAD C340 integrated amplifier. Again, definite improvement in soundstage and clarity between instruments. I started to become obsessed with improving the sound. All the while I'd been visting stereo stores, listening to B&Ws, Mirage, J&M, Paradigm, PSB, thinking about speakers. After reading a ton about speaker cables I replaced my monster cable with Kimber Kable 4PRs. OH MY GOD! These speakers have come alive!

I wont be shopping for new speakers for a while. I can honestly say these RT10s sound as good as any of the speakers I've listened to over the past few weeks. Bass is full, deep and crisp, mids and highs are crystal clear. My entire CD collection has been reborn! They were great speakers with cheap equipment. With my new set-up (not exactly high end, but a beginner's set-up in high end sound) they are amazing. I'm so happy and will remain so until I can save up $20,000 to buy a new system and move this set up into the living room!