Dynaudio Excite X16
MSRP  2000.00
Description: <ul> <li>Sensitivity: 87 dB (2.83 V/1 m)</li> <li>IEC Power handling: 150 W</li> <li>Impedance: 4 Ohms</li> <li>Frequency Response: 40 Hz-23 kHz</li> <li>Box Principle: 2-way bass-reflex</li> <li>Crossover Frequency: 1800 Hz</li> </ul>

Submitted by Olivier N-France a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 30, 2011

Bottom Line:
In my opinion, the X16 are better than the Audience 52SE (that I own too) although they're not suposed to! They do disappear behind the music, have an excellent sound stage and can be listened to for hours without any fatigue. In my experience, they are not as difficult to drive as many other Dyns.

I'm upgrading my system and decided to go for the Contour S 1.4 (my dealer takes my X16 back for almost the same price he sold them to me 4 months ago), I hope not to regret the X16 - I very much doubt it! -, these are wonderful "little" speakers, I loved them.

Submitted by Brian a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 19, 2010

Bottom Line:
Outstanding speakers that sonically do the disappearing act better than any I've owned. Just wonderfully transparent and easy to listen to. Shoot up there with the VERY best at any price I think....really! Dynaudio is one of the greatest we have in the audio world. Yes, expensive, but in listening worth every cent!

Product model year:   2009