Cerwin Vega E705
Description: CERWIN VEGA 2-WAY BOOKSHELF, 75 WATTS => Model E-705

Submitted by thmswmck1 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 23, 2003

Bottom Line:
I picked these up open box at Sears for $64.99! I have great front and center speakers, all by Cerwin-Vega, but I needed to upgrade to nice bookshelves for the rear channels. At first I was a bit timid to buy them because of their size but I am sure glad I did. When I got home I plugged them up into my front channels and I was blown away. Even though they only have 5.25 inch woofers they produced an amazing amount of bass. They sounded great on rap and rock and all the way through they were pounding away. Over all these are VERY satisfying and I am glad I bought these. They even blend perfectly with my LS Series front speakers even though they are from the E Series 2.

Purchased At:   Sears

Submitted by CircuitBreaker a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 1, 2002

Bottom Line:
This is a very good speaker it sounds clean and tight.I like to listen to acoustic songs and this baby does a good job, it sounds like like the guitar is in front of you. However this speaker doesn't go that low(what do you expect from a bookshelf) but it still pounds some good bass.This won't be a problem if you have a sub like I do.I would also say that this baby is though.I dropped it from a 3' table(well my cat did)and it survived without a dent on its outside and it still sounds great.I know this speaker would be perfect as a sattelite like what I would do when I buy a larger more powerful one for my mains.

Purchased At:   FutureShop