Cerwin Vega E705
Description: CERWIN VEGA 2-WAY BOOKSHELF, 75 WATTS => Model E-705

Submitted by Fotis a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 12, 2015

Bottom Line:
First off I am a musician and in my earlier days a dj. I have been around music all my life. Bought these speakers as part of a home theater package. Surprise, surprise! These are right up there with other top budget bookshelf speakers. Like BIC America, Cambridge Soundworks model 17, Celestion F10, Mission M30, Paradidm atoms/titans.
Nice tight bass (not boomy) and clean highs perfect amount of mids. Feed them nice clean power ala harman kardon or Yamaha and you will be pleasantly surprised. Really you don't need more bass for everyday listening besides these go down to 60hz. If you do just ad a sub.
I have them mounted on metal stands so the tweeter is about 27" from the ground and they sing. Don't listen to reviews on audiophile websites trashing cerwin vega, these guys compare everything to $$$ expensive speakers. Hightly recommend these. 5 stars.

Submitted by thmswmck1 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 23, 2003

Bottom Line:
I picked these up open box at Sears for $64.99! I have great front and center speakers, all by Cerwin-Vega, but I needed to upgrade to nice bookshelves for the rear channels. At first I was a bit timid to buy them because of their size but I am sure glad I did. When I got home I plugged them up into my front channels and I was blown away. Even though they only have 5.25 inch woofers they produced an amazing amount of bass. They sounded great on rap and rock and all the way through they were pounding away. Over all these are VERY satisfying and I am glad I bought these. They even blend perfectly with my LS Series front speakers even though they are from the E Series 2.

Purchased At:   Sears

Submitted by CircuitBreaker a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 1, 2002

Bottom Line:
This is a very good speaker it sounds clean and tight.I like to listen to acoustic songs and this baby does a good job, it sounds like like the guitar is in front of you. However this speaker doesn't go that low(what do you expect from a bookshelf) but it still pounds some good bass.This won't be a problem if you have a sub like I do.I would also say that this baby is though.I dropped it from a 3' table(well my cat did)and it survived without a dent on its outside and it still sounds great.I know this speaker would be perfect as a sattelite like what I would do when I buy a larger more powerful one for my mains.

Purchased At:   FutureShop