Boston Acoustics E60
Description: Featuring the same 51/4-inch high power copolymer woofer found in E100, along with a 1-inch neodymium high power anodized dome tweeter, the E60 is an ideal compact monitor that provides wide-range response down to below 65Hz. The enclosure’s layered sandwich construction eliminates cabinet-induced colorations.

Submitted by bdickers a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 21, 2009

Bottom Line:
I had the great pleasure to spend time today at Listen Up Audio in Denver. I spent the time listening in a semi- acoustically treated listening room, to the new Boston Acoustics E60 Speakers, and in a single word, they are absolutely fantastic. The E60's are installed in a room with several sets of very pricey speakers, and I had put my hand on the E60's to convince myself they were the ones reproducing the audio art that so beautifully filled the space. Normally I listen to music only with headphones due to the fact that excellent phones can be had for much less than the cost of any decent speakers capable of producing audio at the same quality, the E60's may have just caused a major re-think on my part.
These relatively small speakers produced the finest glass clear high's and smooth mid-range audio I've ever experienced. Coupled with the Boston Acoustics Sub, I could spend many years happily listening without the aid of the Sennhieser HD 650's. The E60's are a jewel in the line for Boston Acoustics, The sales people and I were equally amazed when what we guessed to be $1000 a set speakers turned out to be $420. I'm ordering mine with the cherry finish, anyone want to buy a pristine set of Senheiser 650's?

Product model year:   2009