Zenith D52WLCD
Description: <ul> <li>52-inch projection monitor with 9-element lens system for clear images at screen edges</li> <li>1280 x 720 pixel resolution</li> <li>3:2 pulldown detection, aspect ratio correction, and 3D Y/C comb filter for distortion-free image rendering</li> <li>2-tuner PIP/POP/split screen enhances viewing convenience</li> <li>Scratch-resistant screen prolongs the life of the set</li> </ul>

Submitted by bud914 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 16, 2005

Bottom Line:
i bought zeniths 36" hdtv (model # D36D51) and had the same kind of problems. they don't stand by their problema and are quite rude about it. the tv started having problems i month after i purchased it. they replaced the same part 4 times before it went dead for good. the warranty company (philips warranty service) was also a joke. they neither repaired it or replaced it. instead they offered me .20 on the dollar. AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

Purchased At:   electroline

Submitted by fsufan0025 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 23, 2005

Bottom Line:
Worst product ever by worst company ever!!Bought tv 12-26-03 picture went out 12 -23-04 Contacted LG they had their service provider contact me. Tech came out-said it needed a lamp and he would order. Lamp came in,he installed, picture came on. Problem fixed-right?? Wrong!!! Tried to turn on 4 or 5 hrs later-no picture!! Called tech-he came and took it to the shop on 2-9, been there ever since!!!Shop has installed 3 parts 4 times (1 part twice) still not fixed!! Shop said on 3-14 they couldn't fix but LG still hasn't done anything!! I have been without my $3k tv for almost 4 months and LG continues to jerk me around and refuses to stand behind their product!! Without question the most unprofessional, dishonest company I have ever dealt with!!! Even the repair shop and Electronic Express has tried to help, but just another case of big, huge company trying to bully\intimidate the average consumer!!! BBB complaint already filed, small claims court case to start on Monday!!! Not my fault their service provider is incompetent!!! By far-the most dishonest company ever

Purchased At:   Electronic Express

Submitted by sapfly a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 5, 2004

Bottom Line:
I have had this Zenith model for over a year now and have been happy with it up until now. Several weeks ago, the picture developed a blue streak about the size of my forearm. I contacted an authorized Zenith service center and found out the problem is not uncommon. The part to repair has to be replaced in its entirety and costs over $1600. I verified this was the same story at two different service centers. I contacted Zenith to raise a stink and THEY WILL NOT stand behind the product once the warranty expires. So consider this a warning !!!!

Submitted by Smeado a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 22, 2004

Bottom Line:
The Zenith D52WLCD definitely needs to be used with a surround system. The sound is flat and distorted. I would expect a much better sound system with such an expensive TV.

The colors and clarity are comparable to the Sony, but I don't feel dealing with such a poor company is worth the risk.

Zenith is the worst customer-service company I have ever dealt with. The company's policies reflect no customer care or desires to fix customer problems. The company operates in a very unethical manner and even violates the law.

The TV came with a manufacturer's flaw in the screen. Because I purchased the 180lb TV online, I did not want to ship it back to the vendor at my cost. Since the problem was related to the manufacturer, I recognized that it was covered under the warranty and shouldn't have had to ship it to the vendor anyway.

Make that it "should" have been covered under the warranty. Zenith seems to feel that the declaration of a problem as "no big deal" disreguards their legally-binding warranty. I dealth with their very rude customer "service" people several times and was not even allowed to talk with the "upper managers" that rejected my claim.

In my opinion, Zenith's policies have no reguard for product quality or customer service. Do yourself a favor and go with a company with a better reputation. I believe that Sony would have fixed this problem without question. Zenith is a joke!!!

Purchased At:   TheNerds.net