Mitsubishi WT 46809
Description: - Employs fine-grain phosphors for a 20 percent smaller spot sizes, resulting in sharper, clearer, higher-resolution images.<br>- Even video content with bright colors and fast action is displayed with a new level of clarity.<br>- High-speed Velocity Scan Modulation has the speed and precision it takes to deliver crisp-edge detail even at the hyperfast scan rates of 480p and 1080i.<br>- Enhanced depth-of-field lenses: advanced lenses provide more accurate focus in the corners and along the edges of the screen.

Submitted by Tarah a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: October 12, 2003

Bottom Line:
We thought this tv was great...until about 6 months into it when little boxes showed up on the bottom of the screen. Repairmen accused us of "burn in", but we were very careful with the tv as it was expensive. Come to find out the image was "burned in" by captions! Sounds like discrimination to me because Mitsubishi, Ultimate Electronics & the warranty service ALL refused to fix it!!!! (Ultimate Electronics was also very rude!) I DO NOT RECOMMEND BUYING FROM ULTIMATE OR BUYING THIS TV!

Purchased At:   Ultimate Electronics

Submitted by dynracer a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 30, 2003

Bottom Line:
Best HDTV in its price range, hands down. When I first got this television, I wasn't pleased with the picture. Over the past 17 months, the picture just gets better every time I watch it. This televison doesn't give the best initial impression but give it time. Mine looked better when I got into the service menu and cut my SVM to 1 and adjusted the geometry, but be careful. I've had it for almost 2 years now, and there isnt' any 46inch CRT television I'd want to upgrade to.

Price Paid:    $2000.00

Purchased At:   local dealer

Submitted by GregC75075 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 6, 2003

Bottom Line:
Mits discontinued this TV, but a lot of my comments go for many of the other Mits TVs.

I bought this TV (new) because I wanted a bigger TV, I needed a table top style TV (couldn't afford a 60" plasma yet), I wanted a widescreen and I bought into the idea of future upgradeablitiy. I paid $1800+$300 for the 5 year warranty.

I love this TV, the picture is sharp even with regular cable/ant. DVDs are pure fun now, the PS2 is unbelievable and regular TV is tolerable.

The reason I say TV is tolerable is because Mits says don't watch 4:3 formatted programs in the native format because of the bars on the side can cause burn in and void the warranty. Frankly after 8 months, it doesn't bother me to much, but I'd REALLY prefer to have the option to watch 4:3 in a 4:3 aspect ratio.

The promise module is now here, but I'm dreading the $1000 price tag to upgrade my TV. The promise module provided a HDTV over the air and cable tuner, and firewire connectivity.

I think it's to early to know whether firewire will succeed and HDTV just isn't here yet. However, I'll probably be buying the upgrade and hope everything works out in the future.

Not being able to pick an input directly was really annouying until I got the Sony RM-AV3000 remote. I use a trick to pick the correct input every time: Send a SQV (favorites) command to the TV, then send Input Next however many times are necessary (for my DVD it's 4).

Purchased At:   Tweeter

Submitted by Guy Usher a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 21, 2002

Bottom Line:
TV has more strengths than weaknesses, however I do get tired of watching a "stretched" or "zoomed" 4:3 picture, nothing is right.I am tired of not being able to set each input independantly. I am tired of having to scroll thru all the inputs to get to the one you want. I am tired of the black bars on a DVD (2:35-1), yes I know you can "zoom"it out but. . .
That said all this TV needs is the right format that I have been waiting for the last 20 years. Looks like it will be awhile longer, so much so that I sold this wonderful TV and bought a 50 inch Mits. Silver series 4:3 and never looked back, you see I don't expect so much out of this one so no more tweaking, 90% of the time a more than good 4:3 picture. Yes I miss the widescreen for 480P DVDs, maybe in a couple years I will take another look. I think this TV is too far ahead of its time for now.

Purchased At:   Rent-A-Center (new i

Submitted by Nick Donato a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 23, 2002

Bottom Line:
Mitsubishi makes the best displays I have ever seen! No other TV comes close! I'm not just talking rear projection either. I've yet to see the DLP front projector, Plasma or tube TV that looks better.

There are a few flagship displays from other manufacturers that are as good as mitsubishi's entry level sets but, that’s all.

Progressive scan DVDs look almost High Definition. High definition images look Amazing, breathtaking on the upper end Platinum plus and Diamond series sets.

My advice to anyone is to buy highest level Mitsubishi set you can afford.