Mitsubishi WS-65711
Description: Diamond Series

Submitted by Rusty Russell a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 16, 2004

Bottom Line:
Update to my review of April 2003. 15 Months & I still do not have everything set up, partially because there are many more features than I need. Most of my first refview is still applicable. I have added a new, HD antenna, upgraded every cable, conection, etc. and even living in a high signal strength area, still can not depend upon a good picture on either the HD or regular antenna inputs. But now get all channels available in this area. When it is good, it is very, very good. Some of the older movie satellite programs are truly magnificant thanks to the scan doubler feature. Some of the silent movies and 30's & 40's B&W are cleaner and better than I thought existing copies were capable of. Not HD but I really enjoy them. Service does not exist. Still does not handle high contrast scenes very well in HD. The remote is still confusing. I've added DVD-R, Progressive Scan, Jamo speakers, X-Box w/HD kit and even with a wart or two, they can not have any of it back. The use and enjoyment my wife, grandson and I have experienced from the unit tell me we bought at the right time. I certainly would prefer more HD channels and programs but I am glad we did not wait for perfection. We turn it on to watch it, not for background noise.

Purchased At:   Ultimate Electronics

Submitted by Rusty Russell a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 17, 2003

Bottom Line:
Three plus weeks and do not yet have it setup which is far from intuitive. Support from store is non-existent so after three weeks & a lot of money I do not have a fair idea of what the TV actually represents. I had a fully functioning A/V system and after the store installation, now can not watch most of my preferred channels.
Remote is confusing and some of the buttons skittish but it is capable of showing the pores in an actors face and detail I did not think possible in a projection big screen. After 3 weeks and a lot of money I am very disapointed.

Purchased At:   Ultimate Electronics

Submitted by Bryan Lee a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 10, 2003

Bottom Line:
This TV is stunning. I love the picture and think that the color balance as far as the red push that people have complained about over the last couple of years has been corrected. Have been having some issues as far as when the DVD player (Denon DVD-1600) is hooked into the Component inputs the TV will generally shut down on its own following a loud POP. We have installed a new Mits with the same problems (diff. software and about 5,000 TV numbers apart. We have replaced the DVD as well. NOW when we hook the player up S-video there are no problems whatsoever. The problem only exists on the component inputs, doesnt matter if it is in progressive or interlaced and have tried 3 sets of cables. We did install a Line conditioner (Richard Gray) as a test and the problem seems to go away but I am wondering why this needs to be done if the issue only happens on Component inputs (any of them. Not S-video and not Coaxial (nothing on the composite line). Any suggestions Please e-mail me. Bryan@the stereoshoppe.com