Mitsubishi WS 55807
Description: - CRTs employ fine-grain phosphors for a 20 percent smaller spot size, resulting in sharper, clearer images.<br>- Motion-Adaptive 3D-Y/C Comb Filters: Even video content with bright colors and fast action is easily compensated for and displayed with a new level of clarity.<br>- High-Speed Velocity Scan Modulation (HVSM): This extraordinary feature has the speed and precision it takes to deliver crisp edge detail even at hyperfast scan rates of 480p and 1080i.<br>- Film Mode: This mode reduces jitter in video programming transferred from movie film.

Submitted by Music_Maestro a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 27, 2003

Bottom Line:
this is my first expensive television... not a bad start huh, the HI DEF picture is second to none.... but i must say that sometimes its hard to look @ regular none hi def pictures because the picture looks very stretched out..... in some cases sometimes very blurry.... DVD playback is incredible in 480p.....but not bad enough to make me want to change.........I would not change this television for the world unless it came in a smaller cabinet

Purchased At:   Hawthorn Aplliance S

Submitted by Brian a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 24, 2002

Bottom Line:
I have used this television for over a year now. 100% satisfied. Picture quality is amazing - superior to anything at this price. I only watch sports and DVD movies so the widescreen format is perfect for me. The Mitsu also is brighter than most projection sets and this was important to me because I have skylights that let in a lot of sun. Buy this set - you will not be disappointed.

Purchased At:   Tweeter

Submitted by Clark Kent a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 14, 2002

Bottom Line:
This is a great TV. When you add the price into the mix its an AMAZING TV. This TV gives you all the inputs you could need along with being HDTV ready. The first thing everyone should do when even CONSIDERING to buy this tv is tack on about $240 extra for the calibration it is going to need. It is pointless to buy this TV if you dont ahve it calibrated. Once you locate your local ISF calibrator and he sets your TV up you will be in Bliss. Progressive scan dvd's look amazing. Sat looks as good as a sat CAN look on a big screen. But Hi def material is beyond imagination. You will not be dissapointed with this TV but I can't emphasize enough how important the calibration is for it. Enjoy!

Price Paid:    $2000.00

Purchased At:   Sound Advice

Submitted by Pete a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 7, 2002

Bottom Line:
At the time I purchased this set, I think I got a great price. For $2500.00 you really could'nt get much better in a high def. set. I purchased this particular brand based on the fact that they have been making high definition sets longer than any other company. Thus I believe that Mitsubishi has a pretty good handle on the high def. market.
At times the 55807 feels a bit overwhelming in my apartment, but I'm glad I did'nt buy anything smaller.(I can always move to a bigger place!)The picture on this set is beautiful with my dennon 2800 pure progressive scan dvd player. I consider progressive scan to be a must with rear projection sets. I have not had a chance to view the high def. picture yet, but I saw it in the store and it is remarkable. If you consider buying a big screen set, go future proof, buy a widescreen.

Purchased At:   sears

Submitted by John a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 23, 2001

Bottom Line:
I wasn't sure if the quality of the new big screens had gotten to the point where I could be happy comparing it to a tube but it really has. The picture is just awesome with tons of clarity and the colors totally life like. No dark edges and with the line doubling thats built into the set, normal dish signals look fantistic on it. With a progressive DVD (and progressive x-box) the picture is even more stunning. The only complaint I have is the fact the new Hi Def sets can be viewed more from the side but they are much more touchy when it comes from above or below but they are all that way so it's not only Mitsubishi. I can also tell you that the reliability that I have experienced with Mitsubishi has been perfect. We have one of their first big screens from the early 80's and never had a problem with it and it's still going. Compared with the others, being Sony and Pioneer, there is no comparison. To get the picture of this TV in a Sony, I would have had to pay almost twice as much.

Purchased At:   Audio King