Hitachi 57GWX20B
Description: 57" Widescreen HDTV Monitor/NTSC Projection Television

Submitted by freddie a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 25, 2002

Bottom Line:
After considerable auditions of HD rear projection wide screen monitors from manufacturers like sony, mitsubishi and hitachi, I decided I woulg purchase the 57GWX20B by hitachi. In the final analysis, the two choices I was left with were both hitachi's. the other is the 57SWX20B but the cost didn't justify the slight improvement over the GWX which has the same screen engineering.
All I can say is that I'm very pleased with my purchase. This tv is stunning. I have digital cable and HD cable through Time/Warner connected via Component input and the picture is crystal clear. There was a significant red push out of the box. I contacted hitachi who referred me to a service center. The tech arrived, went into the tv cabinet, made some adjustments and the tv is now dead on. What a treat. I watched Star Wars: War of the Clones and was rivited to my couch throughout the entire movie. I use a pioneer elite dv-05 player. The tv reads dvd's at 480i then upconverts it to 540p or 1080i. I will buy the pioneer elite progressive scan dvd 45a which will improve upon an already outstanding picture. I can't wait!
I have a serious surround system so I cut off the internal tv speakers. I use the infinity il series 40, 10, 25 and 100. Powered by pioneer elite 27tx receiver. Popcorn anyone?

Price Paid:    $1999.00

Purchased At:   PC Richard

Submitted by Joker007 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 5, 2002

Bottom Line:
I like this TV! I had trouble at first with blockiness using regular satellite signal but turning down the sharpness has helped a lot!

Purchased At:   Visions