Hitachi 50UX57B
Description: 50 inch Rear Projection Television - UltraBlack Screen with Surface Diffuser and 1000 Lines Resolution - 160 Degree Viewing Angle - 24 Watts Audio Power - Illuminated Universal Remote - Dual Tuner Picture-in-Picture - 2 Rear Audio/Video Inputs - 2 Rear S-Video Inputs - Dual RF Inputs - Component Video Inputs - Front Panel A/V/S Inputs - Variable Audio Outputs - Audio/Video Outputs

Submitted by cheefrock a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 14, 2009

Bottom Line:
bought mine in 1999. It went through a divorce, storage in a shed, in and out of two phycho GF homes--it s still ticken :) Afr 10 years I was hoping it would kick over so I can buy an updated led etc. But not happening--so I am breaking down and buying a new bulb to see how much more i can pull out of it. Truly, the tv sales guy at circuit city told ne how dlp was only good for a couple years-- hmmmm, salesman.

Submitted by Mike a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: February 13, 2001

Bottom Line:
The tv worked perfect out of the box. One year later I noticed the blue was a bit blury, so I called Hitachi and they send a Tecnician (which I found out was the owner of the shop) and he came in my house and tried to fix it by adjusting the video level settings from the remote. He started telling me how my picture should look. I'm thinking, this guy thinks I'm some shmuck who has no idea about televisions and basicly, he insulted my video inteligence!
I can go on and on about what happend, so to make a long story short, I am on my sixth week with a burnt cannon that he burnt while screwing around inside the TV without a service manual, and he still cannot repair my TV. Hitachi has the worst certified tecnicians. One question, How the hell do they certify theese people?

Purchased At:   Future Shop

Submitted by Greg a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 6, 2001

Bottom Line:
If your not ready for HDTV, go buy this television. You will not be dissappointed.

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by Yang Yang a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 27, 2000

Bottom Line:
I was lucky enough to get this TV at a very good price. I could resist to buy it. In the same class, it has much better resolutions. It's a lot of fun using it to watch DVD movies and play video games. I hooked it up with my Denon AVR 3300 along with my infinity speakers.

Purchased At:   ABC Warehouse

Submitted by Roger a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 6, 2000

Bottom Line:
I will make this short and sweet. In my humble opinion this set is by far " best in class ".
When it comes to picture, you have to rely on your own eyes. Don't get caught up in all the advertising and reviews that every piece of equipment is subject too. Trust yourself. Trust your eyes.
Go out and ask questions and read the reviews to be an informed consumer, but it is you who ultimatly must make the decision.
For me it was a hard one because I was torn between should I get a Digital, Progressive Scan, HDTV, Widescreen, ect...
Now days, most RPTV's are really good.
If you have a chance to view similar sets side by side you can tell little sutulties in picture and color. Be sure you set them up the same...you know apples to apples.
For my money, feature for feature, you cannot go wrong with this set.
Its got all the bells and whistles. Crystal clear picture, Component Video inputs, Front A/V/S ports to easily plug in the PS II or camcorder, all the inputs/outputs you need, a good Genius illuminated remote, and a good looking cabinet. (Remenber this is a 50" RPTV). This thing is BIG. It takes up space. So if you are in a normal living room you want a peice of funiture this big to look good.
This is not a top of the line model but a mid-line ULTRAVISION. Hook this thing up to a good DVD or DSS signal and you will see what it is capable of...a beautiful picture. After all thats what its all about.
I highly recommend this set for anyone.

Purchased At:   treble clef