Home | Reviews | iPod | Apple

Apple iPod Shuffle (1G) iPod

4.5/5 (2 Reviews) MSRP : $99.00

Apple's smallest MP3 player. 512mb or 1gb storage. (1G model discontinued)

Submitted by Twinmtj a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: May 22, 2006

Bottom Line:
Unbelievably small. Sound is as good as any CD player I have ever used. Instructions not very good. Fortunately my son and daughter each have an IPOD, so they helped me to get going quickly. Download is a little slow, but I convert all music to AAC format so I can get somewhere between 10 and 12 hours of listening on it. Weighs nothing, so is great for running. Had one problem. On my second day of downloading music from my CD's, I got a message "software update available for your IPOD." I clicked cancel, got an "Update complete" message anyway and lost all my music; fortunately it was still in my ITUNES Library, but that little glich caused a lot of lost time. My wife listens to books on CD, so I bought her an IPOD Shuffle, and she loves it. She has both books and music on hers. I thought shuffling the tunes was more a gimmick, but it turns out that that is the way I use it all of the time. If I lost it, I would replace it immediately.

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by baca1635 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 17, 2006

Bottom Line:
I also own the iPod mini, 4gb. I enjoy the shuffle due to its small package and versatility, it weighs less than an ounce!!

Purchased At:   Apple