Home | Reviews | iPod | Apple

Apple iPod Nano (1G) iPod

4.5/5 (4 Reviews) MSRP : $199.00

2gb or 4gb, white or black.

Submitted by rreid66 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 26, 2007

Bottom Line:
We received a second-generation 30 GHz iPod as a gift in 2003. It sat on the desk for several months since no one in our home had any idea what to do with it. Finally after actually reading the user manual, we made some headway in using it with iTunes and CD’s. That iPod has worked as intended without problems since we began using it.

In 2005 we bought an iPod nano (4 GHz) and, so far, both the 30 GHz and the newer nano continue to function flawlessly. Personally the nano’s flash memory is preferable for its resistance to vibration and shock compared to the hard-drive unit. On the nano we have about 150 songs; we choose to store music in its highest quality rather than compress it for increased quantity.

Purchased At:   Apple store

Submitted by kluizenaar a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 3, 2006

Bottom Line:
After long hasitation, I decided to throw my old mp3 player, discman and md-walkman in the corner and go i-Pod.

Deciding was not dificult, the litle nano is the perfect size for me, and 4gb was max capacity.
From the start I equiped my car-audio system with both a line out and an i-Pod adapter. Makes a great deal of difference, such an adapter.......

Nowadays I work at RAF, a well known hi-fi specialist in Amsterdam, and am able to test stuf, and found out that changing the settings of i-Tunes can make your i-Pod into a cd player killer....

Latest upgrade was adding Shure e2g headphones, e3 or e4 are out of my price limit..... what a difference.....

Purchased At:   german audio store

Submitted by kfilly a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 16, 2006

Bottom Line:
Decent sound. Easy to down load songs onto Ipod and into compatable Itunes software. Rechargeable battery. Color LCD screen is easy to read. Approximately 1000 songs fit onto 4 gig model.

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by francois a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 28, 2006

Bottom Line:
This is my first Ipod. I'm actually glad I waited this long. This product is just about perfect. The size is so small but still easy to handle and view. Any smaller and it will be hard to control.

The user interface is genius. Once you spend a few hours with it, it all becomes second nature. Itunes is a great tool too. Buying legal songs has never been so easy.

Sound quality is great. It seems better than the shuffle. Battery life is great.

I bought a Belkin leather case for it to protect it from scratches.

For my Mini Cooper, I got the BMW Ipod adapter. It is awesome as controls are now fully integrated, even to my steering wheel buttons. I can access 6 playlists too. It charges automatically and it turns on and shuts off with the car.

Purchased At:   Apple Store