Home | Reviews | iPod | Apple

Apple iPod (4G and 5G) iPod

4.14/5 (7 Reviews) MSRP : $399.00

Video and Photo enabled iPod. 30 or 60gb storage.

Submitted by GadgetFreak35 a

Date Reviewed: February 13, 2006

Bottom Line:
The world's best music player just became even better with the addition of video capability! Although the ipod video only supports MPEG-4 and H.264 video, with some effort it is possible to convert other formats such as .avi and DivX so that the ipod understands them. Just like the previous ipods, the controls are easy and intuitive, and the player is even more thin and sleek than before. I highly recommend this product! I got mine free from this site by just completing one of the offers and referring a few friends!
link: http://www.ipodvideos4free.com/default.aspx?r=543860

Submitted by GadgetFreak35 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 13, 2006

link: http://www.ipodvideos4free.com/default.aspx?r=543860

Submitted by ezjasonj a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 18, 2006

Bottom Line:
just been using my friends ipod video for a little while and love it. the video feature is great. the screen is small but i travel a lot so its nice. you can put full dvd movies on it for the long trips. trying to get my own for free. if you use this link http://premiumipods.freepay.com/?r=26842544
you just need to sign up for a credit card that so that you can get a reference number. once you get that get 8 friends to do it too and they send you one for free. there is a bunch of different offer besides credit cards too

Purchased At:   http://premiumipods.

Submitted by P G a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 13, 2006

Bottom Line:
I regret that I will have to return the iPod model MA147LL that I purchased, due to a serious software bug and/or design flaw. When playing tracks that are meant to flow continuously from one into the next the iPod interrupts the sound and blanks out for a moment between tracks. It does this EVEN WHEN RIPPED TO .WAV files which do NOT have this problem with other manufacturer's players. HOW could such a serious design issue pass quality control and get out undetected and or unfixed from Apple? SHAME on them, I expected better.

Purchased At:   Apple Store

Submitted by reyestm a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 2, 2006

Bottom Line:
Don't pick the black version, pick the white one. See below why I don't recommend the black version. The catch is you have to sign up to an offer, but you can either find a free offer or find something that you were going to get anyway. I got a magazine subscription for my wife for xmas, which I was looking for anyway. There are lots of different things to chose from. Not a bad deal for the 60GB Video iPod.

The thing that I don't like about the iPod I picked was the Black version of the 60GB one. It seems to be very smudge and finger print prone. I find myself constantly wiping it down. Also, the battery life could be longer for the amount of memory it has. Finally, I would think for the price that Apple is selling this at, they could have at least included a docking station. You have to buy that seperately, you just get a USB cable, which works, but would like to just dock and go. In the gym, they play the sound through the TV by FM Modulation. Since there is no FM Tuner, I can't really use this to listen like my old iRiver MP3 player. Finally, a lot of music is in the .WMA format and no support.

But I guess I can't complain too much since it was free.

Atlantic Technology :