Rega P7 TurnTables

• Great rigidity
  • Extremely low mass

Submitted by fjoggedelic a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 31, 2010

Bottom Line:
When i was ready to purchased this fine recordplayer i was looking for an Rega turntable, but could only afford a Rega P5, i owned a Rega P3 at that moment, and wonna go a step further this time. But then i stumpled over a demo of the P7 at my dealer, and could suddenly afford it, so i gaved it a try and bought it home with me. I used my 1 year old Rega Exact PU on it.
I came home with it, and hooked it up with my system, and what i heard was breathtaking, compared to what i was use too with the P3. Much more clean and smooth sound, better sounding in all ways, and somethinf that strooke me was the lower end. Tight and deep bass, and really very analogisk sounding! I`ve had heard many turntables much more expensive, my dad`s SME, but this one sounded much better (sorry SME)! And the SME is much much more expensive. I`m always liked Rega for their products, expecialy their turntables, but i also own a Rega Saturn transport, and a Rega Eos Riaa, and the riaa sound very good to the P7.
In this pricegroup i don`t think you find a better recordplayer, i`m honestly sure of that after heard simmerly players in that pricegroup.
The recordplatter is very expensive an coust the same as the Rega P5, and is made of pure keramik, and looks amazing when it turns, and i think this is why it sounds so good. A very stiff and heavy platter.
I can only recommend this player. I used Lavardin IT intg. amplifier, jean Marie Reynaud: Orfeo speakers and Lavardin cables in this review!

High End: