Gemini-Sound XL-100 TurnTables

3.33/5 (3 Reviews)

semi-automatic belt drive turntable

Submitted by Bryan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 7, 2001

Bottom Line:
Though not expensive this turntable with cartridge included is able to track my demanding direct to disc lp's. Would like to know what kind of cartridge comes with the turntable. Isolation from vibration is minimal but could not hear any rumble. Speed stability seems good. Overall the sound is not inferior to previously used Dual and Marantz turntables selling for much more.

Purchased At:   Brand Smart

Submitted by c. f. a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 27, 2000

Bottom Line:
Very cheap. Save your money and buy a Panasonic or Technics or save longer and get a $500 Thorens or Technics sl-1200. The Xl-100 was drifty as far as speed was concerned. The tone arm was a little short for my cartridge alignment disc (mobile fidelity). rumble was low, but it could be lower. High plastic content.

Submitted by Pascal Calarco a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 5, 2000

Bottom Line:
I was looking for a replacement turntable after my Sherwood table of many years ago died. I still have a lot of vinyl, but listen to CDs and MDs much more often these days. So I was not expecting heavy use out of this unit. I purchased the unit a little over a year ago from J&R Music World online (http://www.jandr.com/), a direct reseller that I highly recommend.

I've been happy with the Gemini -- its not anything close to a professional table, but it works for the light usage I need it for. Over the course of the year haven't had any noticeable problems.

Atlantic Technology: