Sumiko Blue Point Special Evo III Cartridges

• Channel Balance: 0.5dB
  • Load Impedance: 47k Ohms

Submitted by davedoughy a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 11, 2012

Bottom Line:
hi,after the 50 hr burnin on a new rega rp3,if conclude sumiko has another winner on their hands.imaging is probably it's most outstanding feature,almost holographic.bottom end is solid, not muddy.i'm finding myself thumbing through my collection more often now,hats off to sumiko for a great cartridge!

Submitted by i.hardware a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 26, 2010

Bottom Line:
This is a must for the price, a little bit to bright, but with a great overall sound stage, I have this on a Pro-ject RM 1.3 and through a Mcintosh and four Bose 901's this cartridge gives what it takes to make me happy, specially when it come to loud and true.

Submitted by Cwmcou a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: February 6, 2010

Bottom Line:
A beautiful cartridge for classical - no idea what it is like for other music. I am now on my second, and when it is worn out will buy a third without hesitation - provided my pension keeps coming in. It has richness without unwanted colour, enough bass, and huge musicality. Only the exposed sensors make me nervous when installing it, but a glass of cabernet steadies the nerves. Well, all right, gamay if there's no cabernet handy. Currently used in a Linn Basik arm (prehistoric) on a Gyrodeck SE, but soon to be transplanted to a Tecno. Can't wait. Although at my age you have to.

Blue Point Special EVO III

I'm looking at picking up a BPS for about half of retail...right now I'm running a Grado Gold...is this a step up or a step over? I have an intrest because of price more than anything else. Any adivce??? Peace-out, PogueRead More »

High End: