Sunfire Stereo Amplifier
Description: There is no such thing as too much power in a great music playback system. In fact, it is a lack of power that creates the edginess and audible distortions heard in less than excellent playback systems. Sunfire Stereo Amplifier is a 300 watt per channel powerhouse. Its Tracking Downconverter adjusts itself based on the amount of input signal coming. Sunfire amplifiers can output tremendous amounts of power without extreme heat. At the same time, Sunfire amplifiers can honestly double their power ratings as speaker impedance drops.

Submitted by TOTORG a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 3, 2003

Bottom Line:
This is a nice amp. I bought it used to replace an adcom 5500 I had for 2 yrs. This amp is very smooth and can't be overdriven. System includes Rotel a/v pre amp, Pioneer dvd player w/ Burr Brown DAC,
Magnepan MMG speakers with Canare spk cable and Signal Cable Analog 2 IC

Purchased At:   AUDIOGON

Submitted by Meni a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 12, 2003

Bottom Line:
After using some old power amplifiers like Haflers, Rotels etc...
I decided to jump towards the high end area and came across the option to purchase this unit.

My speakers are 86db sensitive and therefore needs to be driven by a strong power amp.

The choice of voltage or current outputs is a bit confusing, I dont know up to this moment what the differences between the two options are, but when I listen to both I can clearly hear the difference and using the "voltage output" the sound is extremely accurate unlike the "current output" which makes the sound much more musical.

On the paper this amplifier has a "KRELL like" specifications (its rated at 300 W per channel on 8 ohm and supplies 2400W at one ohm) which makes it perform as an ideal amplifier which brings theory into reality.

In action, I think that KRELLs could sound better, but I dont think that I will enjoy music better if I had a KRELL in my setup instead of my Sunfire !.

Purchased At:   Royal Music (NY)