Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 400~five
Description: <ul> <li>800 watts rms per channel into four ohms</li> <li>1600 watts rms per channel into two ohms</li> <li>Intrinsic frequency response 1 Hz to 80 kHz</li> <li>Patented Tracking Downconverter power supply</li> <li>Signal present auto-on switch</li> <li>12VDC trigger input with 1/8" mini jack</li> <li>Balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA inputs</li> </ul>

Submitted by saocosaoco a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 8, 2008

Bottom Line:
After owning this amp for 1.5 years, and upgrading every other component in my system, I felt it was time to write a review of this tremendous amplifier. This amplifier is outstanding. It faithfully amplifies the signal provided, regardless of the demands of the speaker. I have used a/d/s CM-7s, JM Lab ELectra 905s and now Merlin TSM-Ms, and each of them have sounded their best when connected to this amplifier. As I got into SACD, I started on a quest to upgrade my system, one component at at time, so that I could hear the best music possible, but never considered upgrading the Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature Five. This amp is so good, that one day I decided to break out some of me favorite late 60s early 70s SACDs and crank up the volume. My Reference Line Preeminece 1B preamp was almost full blast throughout the listening session of 2 hours, and the amp was just cruising along. I have been into this hobby for 24 years, and I know that a passive preamp is much easier on the amp than an active preamp when cranked up, but the Sunfire was being asked to play at 90% of full volume, and it was some of the best sounding music I have ever heard-no clipping whatsoever. I now have three components that I will not be changing for a VERY long time: Reference Line Preeminence 1B preamp, Sunfire amp, and Merlin TSM-M speakers. If you want to satisfy your ears and your wallet, pick up a used Sunfire 400 and enjoy the music!

Price Paid:    $2000.00

Purchased At:   Audiogon

Submitted by felitopaz a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 8, 2008

Bottom Line:
This is the best 5 channel amplifier I have ever listened to. Excellent sound for 5.1 home theater movies, 6 channel SACD and stereo listening. At 400 watts per channel this baby really rocks the house. If you are in need of a great all around amplifier for your home theater this is the one.