Sherbourn 7/2100
Description: 7 Channel Power Amp Review

Submitted by SPINEFIXR a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 22, 2005

Bottom Line:
I have heard many different amps with many different speakers. My preference is home theater. I am using the klipsch THX ultra 2 speakers and this amp matches very well with them. I would say that it is better than every other amp that I had tried with these speakers. It is very detailed, dynamic with tremendous power. The build quality is second to none. Very heavy but still not too big. Looks good but not as good as my Mac. Very smooth, no harshness at all. A truly amazing product and for the money a no brainer. I would pick this amp over most and that is without looking at the price. IMO the best home theater amp for my speakers.

Purchased At:   SOUNDVIDE0

Submitted by markj a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 27, 2004

Bottom Line:
Going from flagship receivers (Yamaha &
Denon) to quality separates is not as subtle as you may think. This amp coupled
with a Anthem AVM20 pre/pro took me too
a place where upgrading is no longer in
my thoughts.
For the money, the 7/2100 competes with
no one.

Purchased At:   Ultimate Home Entert

Submitted by TradeJack a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 4, 2004

Bottom Line:
This is truly an outstanding amplifier. It is certainly one of the best values in seven-channel power amps, which I have auditioned. I have listened to the Krell, Parasound, Bryston, Classe, etc., and make no mistake theses amps are very good, but I can’t justify the additional expense for that sometimes tiny little bit off difference which you may or may not hear. This amp has more than enough power (200W) to satisfy the hungriest speakers. I know you can probably get a better sound especially in the 5K to 6K range, but why pay that much. Especially, if you have to feed a fat-wife (sorry honey) and two teenage boys. I found this amp to be as detailed as amps costing much more. The sound was more natural and very smooth with music and movies.

Submitted by Soundvideo a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 8, 2004

Bottom Line:
I was scanning Audioreview.com and noticed that no one yet posted a review on the 72100. Considering that it is one of the best sounding multichannel amps on the market, I figured I might as well point people to this fantastic sounding product.
I have done side by comparisons of amps in one sitting and the Sherbourn definately exceedes amps that I carry costing 2x and 3x more. Each and every amp works better with some speakers than others but assuming you got the proper speaker synergy, you will need to spend thousands more to compete with its performance level.
If you have not read about the companies history, check out there web site http://www.sherbourn.com and they come from a strong engineering background.
Since I am a dealer on many products I need to be careful stating in public which brands I don't prefer as much, I will leave that up to a private email but rest assured you will not be disappointed if you decide to but the 5 or 7 channel Sherbourn. The "A" version is new cosmetics which help the plane look or the origional model.
Feel free to email me or call even if you have already bought one and just had some questions. I'd love to help as I like to save the world from "bad audio"
All the best,
Steve of Sound Video 763-753-9349

Submitted by Soundvideo a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 8, 2004

Bottom Line:
The Sherbourn is one of THE best highend vlaue amps on the market (and I have heard about all of them side-by side).

Purchased At:   Demo