Shanling Shanling A300
Description: A Hybrid Tube Amplifier,2x200watts @ 8 ohms,2x350watts @ 4 ohms <br>800w power consumption,weight 30 kg

Submitted by omegaspeedy a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 5, 2008

Bottom Line:
I wanted to make the next step up from my Cambridge Audio C640v2 but the 200watters around from US and UK were big $$! thats when I saw this amp for sale and because it was so new to the market you can't find much about it. I decided that due to its quality components and big capacity that it was worth the risk and bought it. After a good run in I have an amp which is a keeper. The sound quality is BIG$$$$$$ sounding, smooth and fast when it needs to be, and very detailed. I think I have the best of both worlds (Tube/Solid state) because of it's ablity to drive my Dynaudio Contour S1.4s but also be as smooth as silk with no edgyness or bad querks. The build quality is out of this world, you can see that it is a hand made piece of art made from 20mm solid aluminium which self dampens any vibrition. You would have to spend four times more to get equal performance from other big players. My CD3000 goes beautifully with the amp also. I would recommend this to anyone who can't afford a massive Plinius or Krell but still wants power and quality.