Pass Labs Aleph 2
Description: (each) 100 Watt Power Amplifier - 2-Gain Stage

Submitted by Mark a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: November 11, 2001

Bottom Line:
It get's the music right and true. The sound is very warmth and clean. Its just a perfect combination in the bass,midrange and tweeter area. The soundstage is very transparency ,very wide and depth. I'd appreciate any comments on the Aleph2, excellent soundstage, vivid, transparency, details, warmth,
qualities, reliability,sonically marvelousperformance and musical etc....

Submitted by Doug a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: July 1, 2000

Bottom Line:
I recently did a major upgrade to my audio only system. After purchasing a pair of Nautilus 801s and a Sony SCD-777ES SACD player to go with my Audio Research LS3 and Muse 175 monoblocks, I decided it was time to upgrade my amplifier. After auditioning all of the major name brands, Krell, Mark Levinson, Audio Research, etc. I honed in on the Pass Labs line of products. I finally took the plunge and purchased the Aleph 2s. At first, I was a little disappointed. The treble was overly harsh and the base was not very well controlled. I decided to wait on passing final judgement until they had burned in 100 hours or so. Wow, what a difference this made. Everything just snapped into place. The soundstage became immense while the imaging of individual musicians was precise and very localized. The manual says to let these amps warm up 1 hour before listening. I have found letting them run playing music is a much more effective warm up than just having them powered on. A slight edginess to the sound that occurs when the unit is initially turned on smooths out nicely after this warm up period. The final result is the most realistic musical experience I have ever had. Highly recommended.

Submitted by Kin a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: April 17, 2000

Bottom Line:
Amazingly detailed and fluid. I find myself able to close my eyes and see the music which I was not able to do with the KSA250. If the music is discribing an medieval battle field, through the KSA250, you feel the cavaliars thundering and you see knights charging at their enemies in a storm of dust. With the Aleph 2, you see the knights charging, waving their swords,eyes wide open, you might even smell their sweat. But there is no dust storm. You might call that the weakness of these amps. As for me, I'll prefer to touch the flowers than to feel the thunder, any time.

Submitted by Zoran a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 4, 1999

Bottom Line:
Wanted !!!I listen Pass Aleph 3. I really impress with that sound. Can anyone send me Electrical Schemes for this.

Submitted by CSO a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: September 13, 1999

Bottom Line:
I wish you could hear these amps in my system because it sounds incredible.

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile