nOrh Le Amp II
Description: Solid state monoblock amplifier, rated 200 watts RMS, Class A JFET gain stage, Class A/B bipolar stage.

Submitted by musicman54 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 1, 2010

Bottom Line:
i would like you to send me information on your le amp11s price with tax and shipping charges .i have read alot of good things about your amps and have narrowed it down to outlaw's 2200 or your le amp11s . please send me your address to my email thank you john c. cubeta . 1849 dixiana street apt. 1849 hollywood florida 33020

Submitted by Paul Nay a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 18, 2004

Bottom Line:
Bought these for $500/pair including shipping (they've gone up $100 since), based on good reviews of other nOrh products & admiration for what Michael Barnes is doing in Thailand under adverse infrastructure circumstances you can read about on his web site, plus desire for more power for my Maggie 1.6s than my 18-yr-old Adcom GFA535 could provide. First 2 units hummed due to floating ground issues that have now been solved; one failed but both were replaced AT NO EXPENSE. As Class A/AB units they run very warm and need ventilation. The sound? All I could ask for - more musical than the Adcom (which had the reputation of being the best-sounding in its line) with more detail especially at the frequency extremes; soft triangle strikes are audible in orchestral material and the different organ notes under the orchestral thunders are easily distinguishable in "Zarathustra" (I don't just mean the beginning section). As you can guess I listen primarily to classical music. Since I live in a condo I don't play at thunderous volumes.
No, I haven't compared the nOhrs to other amps, e.g., Stratos, but would like to.
Now I have to upgrade the components upstream. I eventually want to go to HT (or more often, multichannel audio) using the new Magneplanar MMG W/C combination, but am waiting for an affordable control/preamp section that doesn't insult the nOhrs and Maggies musically.

Purchased At:   nOhr.com