NAD AV716

Submitted by reev a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 3, 2012

Bottom Line:
I have used close to 50 different brands and models of Amps preamps in different configurations for over 40yrs.Including equipment such as Rotel,NAD,Luxman,Quad,Sima ECT,and the NAD Av-716 has by far outperformed all of the previous equipment.It has power to spare,a very warm sounding unit.I don't use it for surround sound,just good old 2 channel.I was very fortunate to pick this unit for under 250$ off of a very reputable Canadian site.I've tested it with Energy 22 monitors,Teil C2.1,and a few more speakers.I have yet to any sonic problems what so ever!! Wether your just a beginner or an Audiophile,this unit will not dissapoint!! Thumbs up to New AucisticDemensions for an Excellent Receiver!! Money is not always the answer.Use your ears and enjoy!

Submitted by Edgar4 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 15, 2009

Bottom Line:
I read all the reviews before buying the amp. Given the tendency towards hyperbole in the audio area I was well prepared to be disappointed. But I wasn't. It's an absolutely wonderful sounding amp. Don't have much interest in it's surround sound/home theatre, just plain stereo. This amp excels. I have Luxman, beats it hands down, Yamaha, doesn't get a look in, Sansui no show, Pioneer, doesn't compare and even a German Dual amp, need I say more? Drives Polks, Kefs and Wharfedales beautifully. A great amp without question.

Submitted by squaredust a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 9, 2008

Bottom Line:
If you love 2 channel stereo Hi-fi then this amp is utterly and completely amazing and the closest amp I have heard to perfection, tight bass and perfect rhythm & timing, 3D imaging, fine details but still very smooth and musical sound, I've compared the NAD AV716 to hundreds of different amps worth over $5,000 including Levinson, Metaxas, Musical Fidelity, McCormack, Arcam, Quad, Marantz, Pioneer, Rotel, Yamaha, Onkyo, Burson etc and I can say the NAD sounds better than most, some might do certain things slightly better but overall the NAD AV716 wins, especially at raising the hairs on your arms and bringing the emotion. I think of the amp as an amazing stereo amp with surround capabilities, as a surround amp it's just okay with mono surround processing. I have used the amp with Yamaha NS-1000 speakers which are very neutral and revealing, Mission 733 nice & musical, Mordaunt Short MS10 also great little speakers. For me it's the best NAD amp i've heard since the NAD 3020 which is a nice amp also, but not in the same league. If mine were lost I would pay $1000 for one in good condition and still feel like I got a bargain. Luckily you can get them really cheap. I would give this amp 10 stars out of 5 if I could.

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by M.K. Boudway a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 30, 1997

Bottom Line:
For a no frills surround sound amp - you can't beat the NAD AV716. For the lack of buttons and gadgets you get premium handling of sound and exceptional delivery. Not to mention that I bargained the price down to about $400 - I've seen this baby retail for $600 and up. If you're just getting into the sterero component market - this is a great amp to start with to get your feet wet.