Musical Fidelity B2

Submitted by Steve a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 17, 2001

Bottom Line:
I've had the B1 for over 10 years. Decided to 'upgrade' to the 5 star NAD350 as I wanted a remote control amp. What a disappointment. The B1 was lightyears ahead of the NAD350 in every department. Exchanged the NAD for the Arcam8R. The Arcam is a fine amp. Musical with realistic Bass, a pleasure to listen to. But the B1 has an excitement factor that seems to be irreplacable. So although I use the Arcam because of the remote, I still use the B1 when I want that extra something from rock music. Well done MF.

Submitted by Wonkyu Na a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: November 6, 2001

Bottom Line:
I bought this in school days that there were not much moneys. I know the MF's A1 sound and wanna buy one but I cannot buy new one. So I had to buy this.

The sound is so musical. compared to the A1, this one shows somewhat narrow stage and little bit fuzzy but still musical. I wire this to celestion 5 close boxed speaker and
got very smooth and clear sound but rolled bass.

This amplifier is not powerful and bass is not so deep but has tight focus. I surprised that amplifier of this price can get soundstaging. The B1 got this. I enjoyed it so long but nowadays the FET blown up and volume is broken. I'm looking for new integrated amplifier something like musical fidelity A300 or NAD Silver 3..

Purchased At:   Hyonde Jonja (Seoul,Korea)