Mark Levinson No. 335

Submitted by gina a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 28, 2009

Bottom Line:
This is the best sounding amplifier I have ever owned and I have owned manyI've owned almost every amp conrad johson 140 classe mono quad mono bryston cary and more all of them the are good but ?no soundstage This one it give huge soundstage . ,the bass deep tight and fast. the sound is exhillirating. very good amp it's real hi-end but?very hevy weight 140lbs. I almost died draging it down the stairs to my room. but .I ve finally got the right amp, .

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by greg gardiner a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 22, 2001

Bottom Line:
i am not going to bash this as far as rating, just don't understand.it surpasses in so many ways other lesser amps.it doesn't blow them away, but does posses many qualities, yet it just doesn't involve me. it does not put the magic in my heart.i love dynamics. the drum beat reaching out and grabbing you.i have to have good base etc.if it had a more aesthetic sound it would be a winner!!!!!!(HANDS DOWN), but i prefer the best of both worlds.i went on to read other reviews and found it is not impossible...pass aleph 4, e.g.it states extremely tight bass and a smooth sweet high end and it costs a little more than 7k.

Purchased At:   0

Submitted by Carl a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 27, 2001

Bottom Line:
I just upgraded from the Aragon Palladium MonoBlocks
and it was definetly an upgrade. I have Nautilus 801s and
the palladiums sounded great, but I had no Idea what I was missing. The n335 has toned down the highs and tightened up the bass and the mids are outstanding. Dynamics and over all
soundstage presence are the best Ive heard. No wonder
this 150lb work of art is so expensive. I think I have
found the perfect mate for my 801s.

Submitted by Dan a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: December 21, 2000

Bottom Line:
WELL NOW THAT I HAVE GOTTEN MY ANGER OUT ON PEOPLE JUST KLEARNING ABOUT HIGH END AUDIO.LET ME BEGIN BY SAYING THAT THE 335 IS ONE OF THE BEST SOUNDING AMPS I HAVE EVER HEARD...I WONT SAY THAT THERE IS NOTHING BETTER BECAUSE THERE WILL ALWAYS BE BETTER. BUT IF YOU BUY THE AMP YOU WILL NEVER GO INTO AN AUDIO STORE AND HERE A SYSTEM AND THEN GO HOME AND SAY WOW MY SYSTEM IS NO LONGER WHAT I THOUGHT IT WAS. THE 335 HAS A SOUND THAT PULLS YOU INTO THE RECORDING AS IF YOU WHERE THERE DEEP LUCIOUS SOUND STAGE YOU FEEL AS THOGH YOUR APART OF THE MUSIC. MIDRANGE IS LIKE LIQUID SMOOTH AND EASY ON THE EARS NO MATTER HOW LOUD YOU TURN IT UP.BASS IS FAST AND TIGHT. SO GOOD LUCK AND IF YOUR STUCK BETWEEN KRELL AND LEVINSON REMEMBER THIS LEVINSON PULLS YOU INTO A PERFORMANCE AND KREL;L SPITS IT IN YOUR FACE NOW YOU DECIDE!!!!!

Submitted by Joe a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: November 15, 2000

Bottom Line:
The Mark Levinson 335 is a terrific sounding amplifier with exemplary build quality. It is detailed and dynamic sounding without being harsh or digital. The 335 presents an expansive and accurate soundstage with a realism and musicality that must be heard to be believed. It offers seemingly unlimited power even with inefficient speakers but does not run hot despite the fact it operates in Class A. All in all, I believe the 335 is one of the finest amplifiers that exist - certainly the best I've heard and I've heard quite a few.