LINN Klimax
Description: 500 Watt Mono Amplifier

Submitted by deven8 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 15, 2002

Bottom Line:
Well I tried pass labs x250 , mark levinson 332, krell krc250 and linn klimaxs. The linns won me over they are so fast very liquid and have deep bass if I want I can crank them as loud as I want and they handle the my b&W N802s with ease. I am talking about concert levels in your home and they have no problem sustaining it. Now I don't usually play my stereo that loud but I was more worried about them being able to handle any music with ease and have great depth and soundstage. I really like levinson but it was just a touch too dark and warm not bad but not the klimaxs. It was a tough choice but the klimaxs seemed to shine on all the little things and do everything so well. The krell was just too in my face it seemed to have so much power it overpowered the music and my listening enjoyment. the pass labs were very liquid and warm but they seem to be a little sluggish and murky. I still can't get over the klimax how they have so much musical power and warmth from something so small I dont know how they do it but they do. I had bryston 6bst and a aragon 8008bb before I went klimax and it is night and day difference and I would have to say all these other amps are fine choices but the klimax just felt right for me. for the demo price for the pair they were a grat deal for me.

Purchased At:   Demo from peter tyso

Submitted by jimmyjames8 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 11, 2002

Bottom Line:
Got to listen to the Klimax's with B&W 800 series speaks and compare to Classe Omega thru ML#32 to B&W Nautilus. Don't remember the pre for the Klimax's. As expected the Omega/ML#32/Nautilus system bested the Klimax system. Not really comparing apples to apples but I spent way more time listening to the Omega system. It was just more compelling and transparent. Never been a big fan of switch mode (read trick or Bob Carver)power supplies. Hiddeously over priced hence the generous trade in policy. Linn house sound. For twenty large I think you can do better and with gear made in this country. PS...Linn was sold to the Japs.

Submitted by molred a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 6, 2002

Bottom Line:
excellent product, deep bass rich sound behind it. better than krell and ML.
looks very nice.not a big machine in you room.

Purchased At:   amsterdam

Submitted by Andre Miller a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: November 5, 2001

Bottom Line:
Visiting Harrods in London I spent a few moments listening to their 86.000£GB Linn Hi-Fi system: CD 12, AV Pre, 4 Klimax amp and the 4-amp loudspeakers. The sound was powerfull, neutral I would say natural with the music playing at the moment ( female vocals). Need to hear other sounds to evaluate its overall performances.

Purchased At:   Harrods

Submitted by Jon a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: May 7, 2001

Bottom Line:
Nothing comes close to the Linn Klimax's and I mean nothing. Up against the big Levinsons there is no comparison. Linn makes the best equipment on the market period. Even at 20K these amps are a bargain considering what the alternative is at the same price. Obviously some of the people who reviewed these amps never listened to them. There is a reason that Linn slogan is "The Only Sound".