Cinepro 3K6
Description: 350 Watt 6-Channel Home Theater Amp

Submitted by SPINEFIXR a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 7, 2004

Bottom Line:
This one is easy. Power. Very detailed. Easy 5 stars.

Submitted by Joe Graf a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 24, 2003

Bottom Line:
Got lucky on an auction and among other items a Cinepro 3K6 was discovered inside. Little did I know what kind of amplifier I found. This amplifier has loads of clean,uncolored power. I have it running in 5 channel mode(bridged channel running a homemade 18 inch sub)I have a Bryston 4b running the center channel and wow. I have this system for sound only and can't get enough. Pop on Aaron Neville's DVD Audio disc and you're in heaven.

Purchased At:   Storage auction

Submitted by BBB a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 9, 2002

Bottom Line:
The Cinepro 3K6III 6x400 watt/channel amp is truly “the mother of all home theater amps”.
Yes, that’s a quote from an audio review article and here are a few more from others.
Massive raw high quality power, absolutely quiet , spectacular, enormous power, best parts, low distortion, astounding, clean clear power ,world-class, outstanding, its the ultimate six channel power amplifier. Guess what ? It’s all true. So very ,very true. Everyone is always searching around for the best receiver the best DVD player the best speakers, the best projectors. Well if you are looking for the best theater amplifier the buck stops here with The Cinepro 3K6III .You don’t have to take my word for it. Look into what most audio experts have to say about amplifiers and I can assure you practically all of them will have the Cinepro at the top of their lists for premier power amplification. I’ve been into audio and video for nearly 50 years and could write a book about all the equipment I owned during the time. That being said I feel confident in telling you that my search for the perfect theater amp is over. Yours will be too once you put one of these beautiful no nonsense power units in your system. It has become a prized possession in my home entertainment center .If you want peoples jaws to drop when you crank on your system then get your hands on of these babies. I like the product and the the people who manufacture and back it up with their expert down to earth friendly support. That includes being able to discuss the Cinepro products with the president of the company , Eric Abraham, who always has time for his customers. He is a class act who represents a fine company making a great product. What more could you ask for?

Purchased At:   Cinepro

Submitted by Bhagirath Katbamna a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 11, 2001

Bottom Line:
I was in need of better sound with my Onkyo 989 Receiver and my passive because the 989 used to go into protection mode at reference level on 1 or 2 passages(the Train Trailer on the Dolby Digital DVD). During the course of the last 10 months, I have used a variety of amplifiers. Before the Cinepro, I was using the Parasound and the MCA-3 because I needed 5 channels of amplification. I wanted to reduce the equipment from my rack without sacrificing performance. Many of the multi-channel amplifiers do not deliver the same power into all five channels that they do into one or two. I had read some great reviews on Cinepro and decided to get one of the closeouts from their website. I ordered a 3K6II for around $2500 including shipping. I somehow managed to screw up the auto-on circuit and called Cinepro in a panic. I got Eric(the president of Cinepro) and he patiently worked with me until I was able to bypass that circuit to get the amplifier to work. He even gave me his home phone number, now how is that for service. Now I just leave it on all the time, seems to sound better that way.
I have in the past never wanted to listen to a movie at Reference level(calibrated by Video Essentials--105dB peaks at the listening position for all channels, 115dB peaks LFE channel) because it just sounded too harsh. I was watching Driven when I thought I would see what the Cinepro could do. I slowly started increasing the volume until I was at Reference level. At this point it sounded loud but clean, I did not have an urgent need to turn it down like I did with all of the other amps I had had in my system. I was for once, enjoying the sound at this loud volume. Music sounds fantastic with this amplifier and even though the amp is powerful, music is never "forced" or highlighted.
I really like this amplifier and it will be the last I will buy. Congratulations to Cinepro for producing such a great amplifier and for their customer service.

Purchased At:   Cinepro.com

Submitted by Steve a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 21, 2001

Bottom Line:
I have used a Parasound HCA-1206 6 Channel amp for quite a few years now (135 Watts x6) and have been real happy.
I upgraded most of my gear, and thought I need just a bit more power. Looked at the Parasound, but the Cinepro won me over (after a weekend at home. Thanks Michael)
I have my home theater in a dedicated room, and I don't listen to music on this system. The sound is just stunning. I don't know if it's my speakers, but at real loud db's it can sound a tad harsh/bright (but I listen to movies LOUD when alone) But the Parasound never did, the Parasound has less wattage. All I can say is this is the best investment I could of made. I just love it. My system includes:

Lexicon DC-2 THX-EX/DTS/Dolby Digital