B&K Components  EX-4420M
Description: SOLID STATE 250 WATT MONO BLOCK POWER AMPLIFIER

Submitted by accastil a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 16, 2007

Bottom Line:
ive had them for 3 months now. they sound very balanced, transparent and relaxing. bass area is very moderate and yet solid. the mids and the highs are very much like tube sounding...they tend to get hot a little fast but in my experience, they sound better as they get hotter.

Purchased At:   local store

Submitted by alamatic a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 29, 2003

Bottom Line:
I am very happy with my ST2140. It compliments my Mac C28 quite well. I had never heard of B&K before amp shopping and called a friend who is a Audio professional. He recomended B&K over NAD
while he was at the consumer audio show in Chi town. I am very happy with the transparent sound that the ST2140 produces. Thank you B&K

Purchased At:   Sound Advice

Submitted by LorinD a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 23, 1999

Bottom Line:
I have had two B&K Reference 4420Ms for a few weeks. I must admit I am most impressed by the soundstage and the transparency. I was not one to enjoy the tube sound these have been noted to have, but I had to try them especially at the bargain I found. ($1300 for a pair) In a head to head I prefer the throaty mids of the solid state sound. In my few weeks with these amps, I have been won over by this sound. The B&Ks are musical and in the small room I house these guys, the bass is not overpowering, but wow! I have become a fan of the "tube sound". The bare bones Rotel pre-amp and B&W CDM 7 SEs are a great team. I dropped in Lyle Lovett Pontiac two days ago while doing some work in the house; I was stopped by the sound. I had to sit and listen. If you can find these at this price, pick them up. You will not be sorry.

Submitted by Sonny Tuazon a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 29, 1999

Bottom Line:
These monoblocks will very difficult to beat in its price range. Handles low impedance speakers with ease ( with 150 amperes peak to peak current per monoblock ). Highly recommended for those wanting true separates with very high performance sound at the right price ( a B&K trademark ). These monoblocks drive a pair of B&W 803 Matrix Series II.
Associated Equipment:

Vandenhull Interconnect Cables D103 Mk II Interconnect Cable
Audioquest Video 1 Cable

Submitted by Chip a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 13, 1999

Bottom Line:
This amp has good soundstage, very musical, detailed and transparent. I started with B&K AV5000 (105 * 5) and later upgraded to B&K EX4420M Monoblocks for my L/R channels, B&K ST1400 M Monoblock for my Center channel, and use 2 channels from my previous B&K AV5000. They are great performers on both Stereo and Home Theater sound. It’s incredible to see a solid state sound like Tube Amps, a matter fact if you like good tube sounds, B&K might help you without too much expenditure. I will not discount the level of customer service that is being provided by folks at B&K Components Ltd. They proved that you do not have to own the over priced Krell & Co to enjoy good sound. The only problem is that the AV5000 gets warm pretty quick but the Monoblocks stays cold for hours of usage.