Ayre Acoustics V-1 Power Amplifier
Description: 200 watts

Submitted by cfhkem a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 8, 2003

Bottom Line:
I auditioned the Ayre V3 in the showroom with B&W803 speakers, the level of detail, soundstage, fluidity was very impressive. Power is adequate but can use a bit more. Decided to go with V1x once I heard it in another demo. It is very musical, fluid, providing swift power with authority when needed, but unlike Krell and Mark Levinson does not get in the way and overshadow details.

I have auditioned many different brands, the only thing that come close to the V1x is the new Jeff Rolands mono blocks but at much higher price for marginal gain

Ayre V1x is the most musicial and yet powerful amp I have heard. Drives any speaker with ease and deliver quality results. Worth putting the money in for this one

Submitted by DARRELL PLACE a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: July 7, 2000

Bottom Line:
I PURCHASED A V-1 FROM JOHN AT AUDIO CONNECTION IN NEW JERSEY AND HAD IT SHIPPED TO AYRE FOR THE X UPGRADE.I THOUGHT THE AMP WAS GREAT BEFORE THE UPGRADE BUT THE UPGRADE WAS THE MOST DRAMATIC IMPROVEMENT I HAVE EVER HEARD IN ANY EQUIPMENT . I HAVE OWNED MANY AMPLIFIERS AND EQUIPMENT IN THE LAST 25 YEARS AND HAVE NEVER HAD SUCH COMPASSION FOR ANY AUDIO GEAR!!! UNTIL NOW.RICH DETAIL FROM TOP TO BOTTOM END AND THE MIDRANGE WILL SEND CHILLS DOWN YOUR SPINE.THE AMP CAN DELIVER THE MOST DEMANDING PERFORMANCE WITH EASE AND THEN FADE AWAY TO TOTAL SILENCE.I KNOW A MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE THINK THEY CANT AFFORD THE V-1 X AT $9000.00 BUT IF YOU HEARD IT YOU WOULD CERTAINLY FIND A WAY TO BUY ONE.I DID AND WOULD NOT EVEN HESITATE TO DO IT AGAIN.

Submitted by Mike a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: June 1, 2000

Bottom Line:
I just noticed that there was no review for this incredible piece of equipment. Since I've been using mine with ultimate satisfaction for the past couple months, I guess it's my responsiblity.

This is quite simply the best amplifier I have *EVER* heard, tube or solid state. No frills, no DC trigger, just beautiful, deep, soundstage that sounds more like you're there than anything I've experienced.

Before buying this unit, I talked to Charlie Hansen, the designer. He explained that it is a zero feedback, completely FET design with hand matched components. We talked about all sorts of specs, but the real test was side by side listening against a number of other brands. No expense spared from design to production and it comes through in sound that makes Krell seem like budget gear.

I was wavering between the V3 and the V1, and I'm very happy that I went for the V1. It seemed expensive when I bought it, but now all I think of is how much I appreciate the fatigue-free, involving listening experience.

I can't recommend it highly enough. A landmark product.