Audio Research VT100MKIII
Description: <ul> <li>Power bandwidth: 15Hz to 80kHz</li> <li>Frequency response: 1Hz to 100 kHz</li> <li>Input sensitivity: 1.9V RMS</li> <li>Out put: 8 ohms, 4 ohms</li> </ul>

Submitted by kris a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 11, 2005

Bottom Line:
First let me say this is the best amp I have ever heard in my system ever!
I have a local dealer that has been trying to get me to demo the VT-100MKIII in my house for about 6 months now and I give into him and said why not. On my first track I was in shock at how real the music sounded compared to my Rowland Model 10. The bass was unreal even for a solid state amp and this was a tube amp. After listening for 2 hours I called my dealer and said sold and he order me a new one and I got a week later. My search for an amp is over and it was the last brand I would have ever thought because I never thought is was a good as the brands I was into (Levinson, Rowland, Krell, And Pass). Hats off to Audio research for making an amazing amp.
Next up there CD3 and an Audio Research pre.
My system
Talon Audio Raven C
Rowland pre
Exemplar 3910
VT-100MKIII
Stealth cables

BTW People that say the MKII is better sounding are just fooling themselves. I heard them side by side at my dealer and there is a reason they came out with the MKIII. Plus the 6H30 last 3 times as long as 6922.

Purchased At:   store

Submitted by swsmusic30 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 5, 2005

Bottom Line:
After having a VT100 which I bought used, I upgraded to a MKIII, which is a much better amp. The 6H30 tubes hold up much better than 6922 tubes for an amplifier. You also have four bias testers so each pair of power tubes can be biased. Like MKII it has a fan, but also has a switch for single ended and balanced inputs which the MKII does not have. Replaceable power cord is also a plus.