Vector Research VR-7000 Receivers

4.59/5 (22 Reviews) MSRP : $550.00

Early 1980s 130 watt stereo receiver

Submitted by Dan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 13, 2010

Bottom Line:
Purchased my Vector Research VR 7000 from Tec HiFi in the 1970's and am still using it today and it still sounds great!!! Using it to power my ceiling speakers in several rooms in my house.

That's what I call a great purchase. Thank you Vector Research. Lots of great memories!

Submitted by ben a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 6, 2010

Bottom Line:
friend gave me this vector research.i bought a set of jbl.balboa 30.it sounded better then any system i ever had in the past including technics/sansui/kenwood/yamaha/onkyo/denon/mishubishi/sony/sanyo/realistic/aiwa.i can go on and on and my friend's systems of different brands.one of my friend is a pro audio dude,but anyways,i'm amazed with the clairity.the power never need to be turned on over 45%.on my 90 to peak of 280 watts speakers.makes my yamaha rx 540 like junk.it just weird how some new compared with some that old and there is no comparison.i love this vr 7000.priceless piece.buy it if you can find it.and enjoy,i'd looked it up and can't believed some are still being sold at under 200 bucks.can't even buy a 1000 buck reciever and match the sound,with this reciever you can really hear janis jolin breaths and everything i mean everything.

Submitted by frailer a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: August 23, 2009

Bottom Line:

VRX-7100:

Bought ebay Australia. $44. Driving a pair of Jamo Art wall-mounted speakers.
Great sound. Has mid adjustment as well as the treble and bass. Using for CD playing only. I cannot turn the volume up beyond about 20~25%; this amp has such power in reserve. I am talking a very large kitchen/dining with 12' ceilings.
Wonderful.

Submitted by stehen kimball a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 2, 2008

Bottom Line:
I bought my Vector Reasearch VR 7000 receiver 1985 in the Sacramento area, and have used it heavily since. No problems, other than some popping noises from the bass control pot when first powered up. The problem goes away after about ten minutes.
This has to be one of the best bargains in my life--$125 for a high-end receiver that has been faithful for the 23 years I've owned it. It powers a pair of Acoustic Research AR3a's to room-filling volume with clarity and deep, solid bass. The AR's are notoriously power hungry at that. Mind you, I mainly listen to classical and jazz, and occasionally rock. For high levels of rock music, the Vector Research would be a bit under-powered at times, but for my taste, this unit is fine (My old Bose 901 Series II's are better suited for rock).

Purchased At:   Pawn Shop, Sacrament

Submitted by john w. cobb a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 10, 2007

Bottom Line:
I managed a stereo srore for a numbr of years and Vector Research as by far the best we sold, better than Onkyo and Marantz

Purchased At:   Wall to Wall Sound