TEAC AG-360 Receivers

2.8/5 (5 Reviews) MSRP : $200.00

Output power: 50W/ch RMS with no more than 0.9% THD 4 audio inputs [CD, Phono, TAPE (Mon.), VIDEO/AUX.] Bass and Treble tone control

Submitted by mah a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 14, 2006

Bottom Line:
This is about as cheap a receiver as you can find, and it sounds and performs like it! It is severly underpowered, and loses its presets unless you leave it on most of the time. Based on the way the unit behaves when turning it on, you may want to leave it on anyway (see below).

When turning it on, it always starts in tuner mode, regardless of what input was chosen when it was turned off. So, if you always in the mood to have the radio blast at you when powering on, this is the unit for you. I would much prefer that it remain on the last choice like every other receiver I have ever seen. Is it too much to ask to have it remain on "aux" if that was the last setting? Apparently so. The real drawback to this is that the tuner seems to produce louder output than components attached to the CD or aux inputs, so it can literally blast you with sound when it defaults to tuner, unless you remember to turn it way down first! Geesh - what were they thinking?

This unit accepts two sets of speakers, but if you engage both at the same time, the "A" speakers take over and the "B" speakers get almost no volume at all. The speaker switch area indicates that A+B is a surround mode, but it is not really apparent what if anything this mode is doing other than diminishing the B speakers to the point that you can't hear them. My guess is that the unit is so underpowered that it has no hope of driving two sets of speakers, so they simply all but disable one set if you try to use both. So, if you want to drive two sets of speakers simultaneously, you don't want this unit.

If like me, you have a friend offer you this receiver for free, believe me it is not worth the price. And, you may want to reevaluate it they really are a friend at all ;-)

Purchased At:   firend

Submitted by DarkStar7 a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: November 20, 2001

Bottom Line:
This receiver seemed like a steal at $80, but then I read about losing the FM presets if the unit isn't turned on for a few days(see below). I checked the manual again and lo and behold there it is--"Once the frequencies have been stored in memory, they are retained for approximately 3 days even if the power has been turned off." Jeez Louise they make it sound like a benefit! This is unreal. The FM section itself is just adequate: strong stations sound fine, but forget about anything else. However, we're talking about $80. The sound is fine, and the cosmetics are fine.

Purchased At:   J&R Music World

Submitted by luis ortega a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 28, 2001

Bottom Line:
I really like the reciever. I have experienced the heat, actaully my son experienced it. He got burnt pretty bad! The sound is great. I it's look also. I only wish I had a copy of the manual!! Since I bought it at a pawn shop I did'nt get a remote or manual. I only hope that I hooke everything up correctly! So my friend I ask you if you know how I can go about get a Manual and all it's formal paperwork email me at Weezer402000@yahoo.com

PLEASE HELP!!!

Purchased At:   pawn shop

Submitted by Dan Sprenger a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 22, 2000

Bottom Line:
The TEAC AG 360 is one of the best receivers I've used. I use a Fisher 5-disc Cd player & a JVC TD-W254 double cassette deck and for hard rock & punk it sounds just fine.
I don't use the radio much so I can't say it sounds bad or good but for what I do use it for, it's a great little system and a good value for the money.

Purchased At:   Cash Converters

Submitted by John a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: June 25, 2000

Bottom Line:
Radio station memory of less than a week does not make up for the cheap price for this basic unit. I'm a serious audiophile who bought this unit for a basement gym and shopped for price ($99.00)! If you use it frequently and don't mind resetting your stations after a trip or vacation, fine -- money talks. But get real, for a couple of bucks give us the choice of installing a backup battery!

And don't say it's a feature, not a stupid design choice!

Atlantic Technology :