Sansui G-9000 Receivers

4.96/5 (24 Reviews) MSRP : $500.00

Vintage Receiver. 160 watts per channel RMS no more than .02% THD @ 8 ohms.

Submitted by ray walker a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 13, 2011

Bottom Line:
i am looking to buy but iv seen them for less. Overseas i got my reciver sansui g9000db in78 for $3OO IT GOT STOLEN. All the ones iv come acrose was in bad condision and the price was500-600 NO WAY! Looking for a fair price on one of the most used stereo on the army base all most every one got them one.i have been looking for that reciver for 5 years.in my mine i think at its time it is one of the best reciver that money can buy.STILL LOOKING.p.s-MY RATING 200%.

Submitted by ray a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 18, 2011

Bottom Line:
i had the sanui stereo reciver g9000db The sound was out thair. The power was grate for clubs and it mach up with most cllub speakers. Some times i mite use a eq. After my reciver got stollen on the way back from overseas I COUND NOT FINE ONE. NOW AS A DISABLE VET IHOPE I CAN FINE IN GOOD WORKING ORDER AT A DOWN TO EARTH PRICE. BECAUSE THAT WAS AND WILL BE THE BEST RECIVER I HAVE EVER WONTED TO BUY.MY RATING ON THAT RECIVER100% AND UP....

Submitted by GPN 6427 a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: December 10, 2006

Bottom Line:
Great power puts out a clear sound. Just wanted to let Folks buying G-9000's the price I paid in June 1978 was $533 at Japan Marine Corps Exchange

Purchased At:   Marine PX

Submitted by sdenitto a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 11, 2006

Bottom Line:
The G 9000 is an awsome audiophile receiver at 160 wpc. I looked for one for some time until buying it on e-bay. After receiving it I brought the unit to a friend that repairs these old units for a check up, and a cleaning to find out that the tape monitor rotary switch needed to be replaced due to excessive wear. If anyone is parting out a unit let me know, I need that switch. Other than the left, and right channel fading in, and out this receiver kicks butt! I bought a Sansui QR 4500 back in 1972 which I still use, but I`ve worked this unit for many many hours over the years, and have had it in the shop many times since then. These older units do have issues from time to time due to age, use, and the fact their audiophile.

Purchased At:   e-bay

Submitted by Lips a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: July 19, 2006

Bottom Line:
I am just here to gloat! :) Here's the story of my G9000. In the late 80's I used to work as a tech for my brother in-law at his audio/video repair shop and would sometimes be given busted old stuff like 4 channel receivers with a bad channel. I had moved on to a better job and was visiting him at his shop when a potentional customer lugged in a huge stereo. He said one channel was bad and is it worth fixing. My brother in-law said "Naw, cost to much to fix. Ain't worth it." So the guy asked if he wanted it. He didn't, so it was offered to me. I took a long while to decide because I, like my brother in-law, didn't realize what it was. So I finally said yes just because it looked cool and its power meters went up 300W. :) It was in near perfect shape too. Anyway I got it home and found that it really didn't have a problem becides dirty pots and switches. I am no audiofile but do have a good ear and this "box" is the so far the best I've heard. The power is nice but it's just a bonus that I don't really use. I've had it for around 10 years and have put it to use for maybe 50 hours. I'd like to get a lot of money for it but then I would just kick myself later for selling it.

BLG CP024: