Sansui G-7000 Receivers

Stereo Receiver

Submitted by D Fitz a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 19, 2013

Bottom Line:
After reading reviews from 2003 to our 2010 Hamburg Germany one (love that town) friend, I had to tell you what you bought from my experience. I have had my G-7000 reciever as my first real stereo. It is in my garage now with my Sansui sp-x7000 speakers. I can break windows in the neighborhood still. It is 35yrs old, sits through Chicago's winter cold in there and I can't part with it. Now I realize why. I paid a good price for it brand spanking new along with the speakers due to falling in love with it when I heard it the first time and it has been worth every last penny. Yes I can't even crank the volume up all the way, it hits 100w no sweat and the 4 way 5 speakers carry the high and mids superiorly. I have an ADC 1600dd turntable I had to by a marble table for it since the stereo was too powerfull and it would vibrate the heck out it. I hooked up my old infinity sub to it since I upgraded my system in the home and it blends perfectly. Just some bass added to these screamers make it comparable to many systems people actually fawn over and care for. I need to give it some love this summer and clean her up shiny brand new although it has a prominent place in my cave out there. She deseves much better than I give her especially after hearing some of these testimonials.

Submitted by Wally a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 2, 2012

Bottom Line:
damn damn hihi folks from Hamburg -Germany,just got into the Sansui G7000 expirience by catching one of this models in the local ebay shop for 450€ -- cant wait till he arrive from Berlin by mail here in Hamburg --good fun to read the enthusiastic comments --seems i can be happy to grab one will see - further posting will come soon - what a surprise
cheers

Submitted by jason puniak a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 30, 2011

Bottom Line:
i have owned my G7000 sansui for over twenty years now, it was given to me by my father around 1990...it is rated at 85 watts per channel, and will drive any speaker that you put to it. i currently have four sansui spx 8000's hooked up to it, along with a pioneer sg 9800 equalizer, a kenwood kd 2077 turntable, a pioneer hr 100 8 track, a sansui sc3100g tape deck, and a sony ns dvp725p cd/dvd player, along with my vizio tv and wii game system...let me tell you, this system ROCKS. IT WILL reach 100 watts output on the vu meters at 25% volume with the equalizer on, and with it off, 35% volume will do the same...all kiddding aside, i will take this to my grave with me, unless i give it to my son when hes old enough to take care of it. If you get the chance to buy one, buy it, so long as youre not paying more than 600.00 for it itll be worth it as long as it is in working condition. If it is a broken one, they can usually be repaired fairly cheap, i am about to have mine recapped for 250.00.

Submitted by dakatabg a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 21, 2010

Bottom Line:
I am a very big audiophile and I love music and stereo electronics. I knew this receiver is a beast by the reviews I had read. Finally I pulled the trigger and I have it right next to my Sansui 9090DB and Sansui 881. The sound can be compared to the old Marantz, Pioneer, Yamaha and Kenwood receivers and amplifier. If you need bass, you have it. If you need highs and mids, you have it. Rated 85W per channel, this receiver will drive anything, I am saying anything you hook up without any distractions. It is looking cool, it sounds great and thats what you need. If you have the chance to get one, don't even think twice and get one. Those are hard to find those days and with the time it will be impossible or for crazy money. 5 Stars receiver!

Submitted by Yotraj a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 8, 2004

Bottom Line:
I bought this G 7000 new around 1980 along with a couple of Cerwin Vega HED spkrs. It's been grreat. Loud, clean, and what I especially liked was the input plug in the front where I could stick in the electric guitar cord and play right there with the great ones. What a Rocker!

Purchased At:   REX Appliances