Sansui G-6000 Receivers

4.67/5 (6 Reviews) MSRP : $630.00

60 watt stereo receiver

Submitted by wade a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 31, 2003

Bottom Line:
Considering, I listen to a very wide selection of music, and have owned alot of equipment in my 41 years, I have to say I have never heard such a clean, crisp, clear sound as this G-6000 produces.
I would put this above most of the high end equipment produced today.

Purchased At:   e-bay

Submitted by Thomas Stamp a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 19, 2001

Bottom Line:
I've got a couple shorts in it right now and it is cutting out in several applications, I'm going to find the factory service in Los Angeles and get it repaired. It is a faithful workhorse that I bought in 1978 when stationed in Germany and until now have had no real problems. I do think that Sansui could have done a little better with their antenna system. I don't get very good FM reception where I live and a better antenna would be better.

Purchased At:   Military Exchange in Germany in 1978

Submitted by Ken Yolman a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 4, 2000

Bottom Line:
This reciever, although not as powerful as I'd like, is simply my favorite. It boasts a super clean sound from CD and exacting reproduction from true analog sources. The G-6000 has a very unique beauty as I see it.

Purchased At:   Bristol Electronics

Submitted by jon a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: November 3, 1999

Bottom Line:
excellent amp you can find used sounding better than $800 receivers today !!!!!!!

I was wrong on the 300 watts spec. Early 80's model

Submitted by jon bates a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: September 1, 1999

Bottom Line:
I was lucky enough to find one, but I don't think the power spec is correct. The g-6000 has pure power dc on the front. I've found ratings of 300@8 ohms rms @.04 thd (not that this is audible) and 600 @ 4 ohms rms. I have big cervin vega DX-9s and this powerfull amp (I hit greater than 120db with one speaker @100 watts and was afraid to go louder). With the tone controlls off and the subsonic filter on, the sound is fabulous. It was as if someone added a subwoofer. The bass is great. Everything was better. This receiver blew away my new yamaha rx-795 costing 700-800 dollars (granted the money is spent on dolby digital and preamp outputs). The midrange is twice as clear and even easily was better just listening to the radio. I heard flaws in the new sugar ray cd on the track that goes "One day, when my life has passed me by" I noticed the bass swamped the recording. I listened it on the yamaha but the detail was not there. I could hear it but not as easily. I'm thinking of returning the yamaha but I watch many dvds. An easy recommendation. I found mine at a goodwill for only $20.

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile