Sansui G-5700 Receivers

4.4/5 (10 Reviews) MSRP : $630.00

Submitted by Steve a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 12, 2014

Bottom Line:
I can not explain how happy I am about this receiver (Sansui G-5700). I just got it gave to me from a HI-FI repairr company that was going bankrupt. All I did was clean all the pots and switchs and it came to life. It's 75 watts sounds more like 100+. It really cranks the music.

Submitted by Adolfo O a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 24, 2010

Bottom Line:
It's a little bit sad for me to write this review, but after read all the reviews, regarding not only this Sansui receiver but all the ones on the G series, I can't wait to express how happy I am and how afortunate I was.
Not being english my primary language, I apologize for any mistake I can make writing this.
It was back in 1979-1980, don't recall exactly, that my uncle came from Germany after 10 years studying Electric Engineering, and as a welcome gift, my grandpa bought him a Sansui G-5700 receiver and an Akai AP-207 turntable, along with a pair of big speakers, don't recall the brand, I believe Realistic.
I was a young boy then, but when I saw that beautiful piece of art and the georgeus cabinet my uncle had the thing in, I just said WOW!!!, you didn't see very often one of those 30 years ago.
The years passed and I never heard the G-5700 with the volume louder than 2 or playing another music than the classical or opera songs my uncle used to listen, ahhh if that beauty was mine........
I said at the beginning of this writing that is sad for me to write this review and that's because my uncle passed away 8 months ago, so I talk to my aunt who was in charge of all my uncle belongings that the G-5700 couldn't be in better hands than me, she said ok but forget about the cabinet.
Needless to say that my car never has had to hold that much weght, the seats, the trunk, everything was full.
That same day I hooked up all the cables and equipment, I turned the thing on, the sound from one of the speakers was not clear, something like static coming out from the tweeters.
I asked my friend who is an electronic technician and told me that probably the channel has mildew build up and that I should leave the receiver turned on overnight.
After a couple hours I noticed that the sound was clear in both channels and then.... then I started enjoying cristal clear and POWERFULL sound, ok until my wife preach me, " hey, neighbors are sleeping" jejeje, I didn't realize it was twelve o'clock.
Now, everybody in the neighborhood knows when there's a party going on in my place......

P.D.
I'm still having the issue of just after turn the G-5700 on, listen to that static.
Any light on this, feel free to email me at adotequiros@racsa.co.cr

Submitted by mfell a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 14, 2005

Bottom Line:
All I have to say about the G-5700 is wow! I have been running a KA7100 Kenwood and this thing just eats it up. I have a Sony GA7es surround reciever which supposidly has more power and again the 5700 just blows it away.

Purchased At:   Flea market

Submitted by audio2004 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 27, 2003

Bottom Line:
This Sansui G-5700 rocks! I have had it since 1979 with no problems! It belts out music better than some of the current models out their! Like they say "They dont build them like they use to". If you can get your hands on one, I would recommend buying it! Right now I have it hooked up to a pair of JBL'S and it does not miss a beat. Yes, AM reception is terrible, but who listens to talk radio anymore? I am hoping this lasts me 25 more years! I have moved to three cities with it, belted 70's,80's,90's and now millenium music and this stereo keeps rocking!

Purchased At:   American TV

Submitted by john ciptak a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 26, 2003

Bottom Line:
i recently purchased a sansui classic receiver
model qr-6500

today was my first day of trying it, and
it sounds excellent!!problem is, this is a quad receiver, and i only have 1 pair of speakers-oh well!anyone have any suggestions? thanks

Purchased At:   estate sale